Human Capital Management Blogs by SAP
Get insider info on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite for core HR and payroll, time and attendance, talent management, employee experience management, and more in this SAP blog.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbernal2022
Advisor
Advisor

Do you want to Configure SAP Enable Now Web Assistant without WebDispatcher?

Are you using SAP S/4Hana OnPrem 2020 or newer and want to configure Web Assistant without using WebDispatcher or another Reverse Proxy? First you need to have S/4Hana version 2020 or newer.

SAP S/4HanaOnPrem 2020:

Configure Web Assistant without WebDispatcher Configuration in SAPGUI front-end system

1. Start transaction /n/ui2/flp_cus_conf

2. Select folder Launchpad Configuration Set ENABLE_HELP = true

3. Select Launchpad Plug-Ins

4. Click on new Entries, and enter WEB_ASSISTANT_HELP_PLUGIN Enter in URL field https://xray.hana.ondemand.com/xRayControls/resources/sap/dfa/help/utils/adapters/fiori and save your changes.

5. Click on Folder Configuration

6. Set your WebAssistant parameters as usual. Then add PARAMETERS and set it to resourceUrl=https://xray.hana.ondemand.com/xRayControls/resources/sap/dfa/help

7. Save your changes.

Now close your browser window, reopen it and login again in your Fiori Launchpad and you should be able to see the ? icon to open WebAssistant.

For more information see this support note:3022494 - SAP S/4HanaOnPrem 2020: Configure Web Assistant without WebDispatcher

16 Comments
Excellent blog.
Very useful.
Would really appreciate if more such useful information is shared.

Thanks.
Farid
Active Participant
Hello Jesse,

Thank you for the news, it would definitely simplify things.

Last year, we installed and configured the sap webdispathcer for the sole purpose of having the Web Assistant in Fiori.

Now that the same feature is beng provided "natively' in sap Front-End System, is there any advantage of switching from the sap webdispatcher to the sap front end ?

Is the the same ''Web Assistant'' that is configured in both tools ?

Thanks and Regards
jbernal2022
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
The benefit would be you would not have to set this up or remember to maintain it.  If you already have everything working I would say leave it alone until you upgrade to the newest version of S/4HANA.

Hope that helps!

Jesse
jbernal2022
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Just a Note: You can have different configurations in different clients, but not different configuration for different roles
KristinaKunad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Another note to add - this will be in the next release documentation as well.

The configuration as it is contains a certain set of Web Assistant parameters. To add more than these parameters, you can use the PARAMETERS setting.

For example, the parameter learningappprojectmode is not included in the list. To add it, edit the Property ID PARAMETERS and add the parameter like this:

LearningAppProjectMode Parameter

If you have several parameters to add, don't forget the semicolon (;) between them and after the last one.

Take care,

Kristina
Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thank you Jesse and Kristina for this!

I've got it working, almost as desired and raise the comment in case I miss something...

"Standard" content, will the setup discussed above also enable Guided Tours?  I've got the setup in place, have the interactive help with the bubbles/laser lines and also the "learning", but I'm missing Guided Tours...

Thanks for any guidance/clarifications.

Wallace
jbernal2022
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Guided tours that are standard are only available for customers using S/4HANA Cloud. The on-prem version does not come with standard guided tours.
Wallace
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks Jesse!

Another reason to push to have SEN and Web Assistant together then, for the on-prem world.

A lot of nuances on these topics, it seems.

Wallace
j_vjames
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Jesse

How can we take advantage of these feature on products other than S.4 HANA 2020.  Any notes consideration ?

Regards

Jose

0 Kudos
At times there are scenarios when using Plugin configuration to enable webassistant when you would want to add more parameters to the PARAMETERS field but if you maintain resourceurl, dataurl2 and trackingurlSEN the available 256 Characters will be utilized.

The note "3120339 - Report to maintain single FLP Plugin properties" provides a report to add more values to any property of the plugin beyond 256 characters.

Since this blog is the first one when someone searches webassistant plugin configuration without webdispatcher, i am adding this useful note for reference here.

former_member796104
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thanks Jesse,

Is there a way to make guided tour for S/4HANA on premise?
marvin_heibert
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi jbernal2016,

Thanks for the provided information's!

Does the User Assistant work properly when the implementation was done without Web Dispatcher, but the web dispatcher will be used for load balancing?

Thanks!

BR

Marvin

jbernal2022
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
For S/4HANA you need to be on version 2020 or latter to make this work without Web Dispatcher.

Hope that helps

Jesse
marvin_heibert
Participant
0 Kudos

Oh..I missed the fact that it's working fine on our sandbox release (2020 FPS01)  -sorry!

Just wondering if we will run into any issues once we will use the web dispatcher in the productive for load balancing. And since we didn't configured the user assistant on it I'm wondering if we will run into any issues.

Marvin

jbernal2022
Advisor
Advisor
Nope you should not run into issues.

Jesse
marvin_heibert
Participant
0 Kudos
Great - Thanks for the feedback Jesse!

Marvin