Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EC Alert and notification for Contract End

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I created a business rule to execute when the Contract End date is less than one day. I maintained this rule in Job Information (SaveAlert) and maintained Alert messages and workflow notifications.

When I executed EC Alert and notification job from Provisioning. It read 2 records from job info for the contract end date, but no alerts were created. I tried to create a trace rule also, but no records were found when I downloaded it.

Please help me where I am making a mistake.

Regards,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Summaiya1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Please remove the highlighted statement form the rule and try.

Thanks,

Summaiya

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

carolina_darr
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Due to the new release, this rule is not triggering an alert message. At first I created with a basic scenario, and it worked, but now I don´t what happened that it doesn´t works. Also I changed the scenario to Scenario: Trigger Rules to Generate Employee Central Alerts, and the alert message is not triggered.

Does anyone knows how can I fix this?

Thanks for your help!

Note: same rule but I change Job Information Mode. Job Information

eto
Discoverer
0 Kudos

cdarrigo - where you able to solve it? Users reported the same issue to us now.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Summaiya,

Thanks, it worked as per your suggestion.

Regards,

Srikanth

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Summaiya,

Thanks for the reply.

I updated the rule as you mentioned and when I ran EC Alerts and Notifications, the Jobinfo values are checked but somehow rule didn't get triggered.

Regards,

Srikanth

Summaiya1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Please change the below statement in the first part , and remove the other statements .

Job information Model (recommended).Contract End Date Value is not equal to Null

Thanks,
Summaiya

nlgro023
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the point of the first part of your if statement (to me there is no use case to check current with prior end date as that should never matter)? I'd personally remove that clause and ensure in your set statement that the parameter is added that removes duplicate notifications (much easier and more clean to be honest).