cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Competencies not populating in Performance Form - Options as the Customer?

geenaouellette
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm a fairly new system admin for the SuccessFactors system at my company, and I'm updating our Talent Assessment Form Template (in Performance Management): the current performance form is pulling in a set of competencies from a Library in our Center of Capabilities. I’ve added new competencies to the already linked library as Active, and made the previous competencies Inactive. The hope is the form would start to pull in the new competencies from the already linked Library, but it is still pulling in the old competencies, despite those being turned to Inactive. I reached out to product support but unfortunately because I “created new competencies” it was outside the scope of what they would look into. I’ve been trying to troubleshoot using the following KBAs, and was able to rule out the items I have access to check, but there are several requiring access to XML that I’m not able to look into:

2086613 - Competencies Are Missing In a Performance Form

Adding Custom Competencies

*We don't have employee Central

*I couldn't find that the existing competencies were being pulled into the form via Job Code Mapping, so I did not try to map the new competencies to the job codes (note: our core competencies are mapped to Job Codes, but not the previous custom competencies).

*I confirmed the language that the competencies were set up

I'm thinking this might be related to some kind of XML custom-mapping that I can't check or have access up update.

My question to the community: we do not have access to Implementation Partner Services at this time, based on the above is are there any additional resources or options available to me as the customer for me to try to get this updated?

UPDATE BASED ON RECENT QUESTION BELOW: After updating the new template, I have launched a new form to myself (test form); it is in the newly launched form that I am unable to see the updated Custom Competencies.

Thank you for any help or advice!
Geena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MridulSharmaSF
Contributor
0 Kudos

Always happy to help thanks and good it got resolved

MridulSharmaSF
Contributor
0 Kudos

For the employee you have launched the form are the competencies mapped with their job code ? Also have you mapped the correct competency ids as custom competencies will be hard coded ,share the competency code of your xml and remove the client specific data from that

geenaouellette
Explorer

Hi Mridul,

I wanted to close the loop that I figured out the solution: because the competencies were still showing even though I made them inactive, leading me to think they were hard-coded, especially since I could no longer see within the form where they were linking to the competencies. I have since realized I could link them in the Custom Competencies Defined permissions - did I mention I was fairly new haha?

Thank you so much for all of your help in troubleshooting, much appreciated!!
Geena

MridulSharmaSF
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you do any changes you have to launch a fresh form ,did u checked with new form after doing the competency changes ?

Thanks

Mridul

geenaouellette
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mridul,

Thank you for the quick reply and check in - Oops I should have clarified that I updated the template and launched a new test form, it is in the new form that I'm not seeing the updates (i'll update my original post with this clarification too, thank you for asking it!)