cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone managed to use CPM effectively specifically when you've used it >1 performance year

heidirobinson
Explorer

We haven't pushed the use of CPM because during testing I came across a number of functionality limitations that made it feel under-developed.  All the guidance SAP provides is for using CPM fresh out of the box. Once you have used it for a while it starts to feel like there wasn't much thought to how it would be used long-term.

I am curious how people might have got around the following:

1. Being a large company with multiple organisations and CPM only working with one default goal plan?

2. Changing the default goal plan, and all activities from the previous year remaining in CPM under the Not aligned to a performance goal bucket. I can see that this list is going to very quickly get out of control. What is the user supposed to do? Delete everything one-by-one from the previous year?

3. Changing Default goal plans at the end of each year - means that the moment you change your default goal plan the activities are moved into the Not Aligned Bucket, but as most people will know we have a bit of a cross-over between end of year and beginning of year. We often are straddling two goal plans while people set their new objectives and finish their end of year activites. With a goal plan i can select the old one, but with CPM its a hard limit.

3. The Meeting functionality - it got some improvements but it still doesn't make sense how it would be utilised in practice. 

In my opinion, CPM should be configured similar to a performance form, in the way that you set a date range for it, and tag it to a goal plan. That way you could have CPM "sheets" or "forms" work with different goal plans, but also would then ringfence around activities created within that performance year. And it would create a clean and fresh CPM each year, with employees being able to go back and review historical years and activities.  You could even have a "copy activitiy from previous plan" functionality like on a goal plan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)