cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation Planning - Merit Cycle - Configure Business Rules

aharam
Discoverer
0 Kudos

This is the first time I will be launching compensation forms for our yearly merit cycle. The previous admin had set up a Business Rule for eligibility that only had an "If" statement and no "Then" so it does not appear to be working properly when tested.

I would like to set up a rule to exclude anyone that was hired in Q4 2020 and beyond from the process. Can anyone provide a proper rule for this? I would also like to build a rule that excludes anyone promoted in Q4 2020 and beyond.

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Ally, you may want to take a look at this post for inspiration and recap on how eligibility rules work for the Compensation Module (it's at the bottom of the post) : https://blogs.sap.com/2020/09/02/compensation-eligibility-rules-lesser-known-rule-conditions-and-ove...

It is normal that there is no "Then", all compensation eligibility rules have no Then defined and they still exclude the people you select in the "If" section.

In order to exclude people who were hired in Q4 you could probably use the field Hire Date and create a condition : {if Hire Date is on or after 10/1/2020} AND {if Hire Date is before 12/31/2020}.

For the promotion criteria you would do the same but with the Event Date and the Event Reason.

All the best, Xavier

aharam
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you, Xavier! That helps me a lot.

I have a new issue that we discovered. Our comp forms have never calculated the the merit percentage amount properly based on the prorated salary. Do you know how to fix the formula that is calculating the final amount?

xavierlegarrec
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ally, SAP support would help you with this request I believe if you attach the XML of your compensation template to your ticket to them. I would also recommend posting the current formula and the ID of the field used to retrieve the proration percentage from EC on the customer community compensation forum : https://community.successfactors.com/t5/Compensation-Forum/bd-p/Comp_Quick_Answers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)