cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A substitute is able to approve certain work item of the Manager.

saptarshi_mitra
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am fairly new to SAP HCM and have a question regarding the Substitution process in SAP HCM that I have come across recently in my work. To explain the scenario,

Let there be a Manager 'M' and an Employee 'E' related to each other as supervisor and subordinate in the Org. hierarchy. Now the Manager 'M' decides to put Employee 'E' as his substitute . But it has been noticed that when 'E' is able to approve/reject work items that ideally one should not (for e.g. approve/reject his own leave requests or approve certain carry forward leaves).

Presently I see that someone has put an enhancement to tackle this problem and this enhancement restricts specific work items being sent into their own inbox.

Thus wanted to know if there is any other way we can cater to a proper functioning of this process like any configuration changes or amendment in tasks of the workflow or any BADI.

Thanks in advance!

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SBach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

there is a concept of excluded agents, that are not allowed to approve a workitem. So for example, if someone requested a new laptop, as requester he should be added to the list of excluded agents. In the agent determination of a step / task in the workflow builder this can be defined.

Best regards

saptarshi_mitra
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

You're right, and I had checked this prior, the agent determination is set up with a Rule criteria and calls a Z* FM that determines the approver. The rule returns a result if the determined position is available and actually occupied by a person or user. If the position determined is not occupied by a person or user at the time of rule resolution, the rule does not return a result. If the position determined is reassigned after the rule resolution, the recipients of a work item are not affected. In principle, the algorithm prevents a user or person being their own superior.

Yet still many substitutes are receiving the workitems, do you think this FM would need a code change in the rule determination.

Would you have any other idea to prevent this?

Thanks for your reply!

Regards,

Saptarshi