cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset delta function not available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I read an article (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26964) how to reset the delta management in a DSO. I like to use this feature to reset delta on request level between two BW systems which are connected by export datasource.

But I can only see the Where-Used-List dialog. Reset of delta for the target system is not possible.

Could somebody give me a hint why "reset delta management" is not available?

Thanks in advance,

Nils

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below document for Delta Reset.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-26964

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you use a 3.x flow as in the article?

Loading from BW to BW is in fact the same as from ECC to BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, I use transformations and DTP.

So if I like to load a request again I have to filter it with a repair/full from target BW and I cannot send the request again from source BW. Is that right?

Do you know if it is possible to recognize a deletion of a request in the source in the target BW or include the source RequestID in PSA? As I know deletions are not supported by the interface yet so it would be nice to include the requestid of the source BW in the data flow of the target.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With delta only once, unless you delete the delta.  Full loads: as much as you want.

What exactly is your question about the deletions?  Are loads in source BW which are already transferred deleted?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this is the case.

And because the source BW is located in a different country the information about deletions are not communicated in every case. So sometimes the data is inconsistent and it would be nice to delete the request in target system accordingly to the deleted request in the source. Manually or better automatically.

Today we make a selective deletion and run a full load with filters to have everything repaired.

Cheers,

Nils

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe run a custom program in the source regularly which checks if requests are deleted from the cube?  And have it mailed to you or something?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

At the beginning I had some hope that this issue could be solved in the standard, but now think this is not possible.

Do you know the table which holds the list of deleted request? I could remember there is one, but I have to look for it. Perhaps you know it and I can save some time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not by heart. I'll have to search for it.  What I do know that entries are written to the application log (SLG1) in case of a delete of a request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it's RSBKREQUEST or something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cool. I can now identify the deleted request automatically in the source...next problem. 🙂

I cannot load from the export Datasource request by request so many source request are included in 1 target request  (n : 1) .

Issues:

1. I cannot load a specific request from source BW (as I know).
  2. I cannot include the source requestID in the dataflow for perhaps deleting it by selective deletion to only delete the request that was removed in the source
  3. If I changed the delta management pointer to the request I have to reload every request that is newer will be transferred also.

Have you an idea how to handle one of the issues to repair the issue on request level? (Actual solution is to filter on the business data).

Cheers,

Nils

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately no.  I also use filters or reset delta.