Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

log4net version and publi token key

veilletteh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a vb.net (4.8) web app in which I use crystal report to generate report . I'm using crystaldecisions.web, etc. in this version :

CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.4000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304

When I add a nuget package for log4net, I'am able to install the version 1.2.10.0 but the public key token of this dll is 1b44e1d426115821 instead of 692FBEA5521E1304 so I get this error :

Could not load file or assembly 'log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5...

The error stack specified that the CrystalDecisions.Web need to call the assembly log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304.

How can I fix this problem ?

Is there a place to dowload the log4net.dll with this publicKeyToken ?

SInce log4net 1.2.10 is really old , is there any version of crystal report assembly, newer than 13.0.4000 which used the last version of log4net (2.0.14) ?

I'm using VS2017

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Never manually copy anything, CR runtime requires the MSI to deploy and the EXE to integrate into Visual Studio. Don't install both on your DEV PC, just the EXE.

See this blog for upgrading also:

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/10/30/upgrading-a-visual-studio-2008-2019-.net-project-with-the-latest-cr...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

That error is typically due to the Crystal Reports viewer folder is missing or not available from here:

C:\inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\4_0_30319\crystalreportviewers13

Copy it into your project and that error should go away.

It's only used for debugging so doesn't matter how old it is.

Go here for more info on updating your project and other info:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Crystal+Reports%2C+Developer+for+Visual+Studio+Downloads

veilletteh
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Don.

But my understanding is that the assembly CrystalDecisions.web ask for the log4net assembly for the version 1.2.10 AND the specific public key token.If my understanding is right, both attributes must match.

As your answer, I guess I need to copy the right log4net.dll file to the specified folder but I don't know where to find this file (with the good public key token) .

Could you still help me with that ?