cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advantage Database Server downloads

wolverine
Explorer

Hi, i need to download some files and when i go to https://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/ i get redirected to SAP web page.

How i can download the files?

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

wolverine
Explorer

Still redirects to SAP web page, there is some other download page? I need download some files.

Thanks.

mjgould
Explorer

All of what you say may be true, but it is a selfish and irresponsible act to deny access to such a valuable, and in some cases critically essential, resource to a LARGE community of developers and users of a proven and stable product. Yes.. a non-SAP product. Kick it down and hope the injured will come screaming for SAP solutions. (Inferior IMHO)

Sad. Real sad.

ian_bailey
Discoverer
0 Kudos

100% Agree - what a waste of such a good product, and i'm sure they don't understand the history from Extended Systems, Sybase and then (and hopefully not last) SAP - which have done 100% of Fu.All with it.

Very sad

michael_loop
Contributor
0 Kudos

Allen,

If you don't have the evaluation version of SQL Anywhere yet, you can get it here: Try SAP SQL Anywhere, developer edition..

You can migrate ADS tables and indexes following the instructions here: KBA 3136538 - "How to migrate ADS tables and indexes to a SQL Anywhere database?" This has only been tested with version 12 but should work with 9.1 as well. Note that database objects such as procedures, triggers, etc. will need to re-coded as the SQL standards for the two products are not exactly the same.

former_member863506
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I receive the message:

You are not entitled for SAP Note/KBA 3136538

The target audience for the SAP Note/KBA you were trying to reach does not fit to your profile.

when trying to access this KBA, can you inform how I may obtain the info since it doesn't match with my SID

former_member863506
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Could you provide information on how to access this KB article?

jhoehne
Participant
0 Kudos

The KB article shows how to use the included SQL Anywhere database tool to import ADS data using ODBC. You can do that with lots of other databases, e.g. MSSQL, PostgreSQL etc.

jknauf
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is an Error when I try to load the KB article.
Is SQL Anywhere an alternative for the ADS?

jhoehne
Participant
0 Kudos

Is SQL Anywhere an alternative for the ADS?

No, it's a completely different product, that happens to be made by the same company. Apart from SQL, ADS also allows table based ISAM access. ADS can be used without a server. Both features are not supported by SQL Anywhere. In fact, I only know of one other database that supports access with or without using a server, and that is "Elevate DB" (but their SQL is incompatible and the server is slow compared to ADS).

Lots of former customers of ADS now use Microsoft SQL Server. The SQL language is quite similar, and there is a free version called "SQL Express", limited to 4 CPU cores and 10 GB database size. It's easy to install, but difficult to remove (you have to remove some 11 components one at a time...).

We ourselves are in the process of converting everything to the open source Firebird SQL database.

michael_loop
Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Advantage Database Server 12.0 reached end of mainstream maintenance on December 31, 2022 (refer to SAP Note 3132015 or SAP Product Availability Matrix). As part of this process, the SAP Advantage Devzone was decommissioned. However, the product remains available for OEM partners of SAP (including its former Sybase entities) with a valid and active partner agreement for ADS. These OEM partners have access to the latest ADS downloads through the SAP Support Portal (Software Downloads). In addition, if you require additional license keys for SAP Advantage Database Server, please contact our SAP OEM Partner Support team at oempartner@sap.com and they will help you with your request (as it is not currently possible to self-generate license keys).

If you have a maintenance contract for Advantage, versions 11.1 and 12 can be downloaded from https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/softwarecenter/template/products/_APP=00200682500000001943&_EVEN.... Make sure the OS is set to #OS INDEPENDENT.

allen42
Explorer
0 Kudos

We're unable to obtain any support from our former software vendor. We're tyring to evaluate Sql AnyWhere as a tool to continue to develop our systems, and the first step is to migrate data from ADS V 9.1. It would be very helpful if you could open the dev portal for users. There seems to be no way to move forward with SAP, otherwise. Thank you.

wolverine
Explorer
0 Kudos
What I need is access to the knowledge base (it helped me to solve problems that I could not have solved with the help alone). For example today, I had a problem that I can't solve with the help alone:

Error 7200: AQE Error: State = HY000; NativeError = 8018; [iAnywhere Solutions][Advantage SQL][ASA] Set end of file error. ** Script error information: -- Location of error in the SQL statement is: 1

This error appears when executing:

BEGIN TRANSACTION;

I also need to download versions prior to 11 (some users were left using even version 9.x).