cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Basis Beginner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone have any guidance on beginning SAP Basis Administration? Company is getting me trained up with ABAP100, Solution Manager, and NetWeaver.

Any insight would be great.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I started at SAP Basis 9 month ago so I have pretty recent information.

Firstly, try to look at SAP Training portal - Training and Certification Shop There you can assign for free to the trial version of the Learning hub, which I found useful for me. At least E-Learning SAPTEe_en_10 is good place to start and learn the basics of achtitecture and so on. But you will find there some more interesting courses.

Secondly, crucial official course is ADM100, then ADM102 and so on (as coleagues said above). You can also find them in SAP Training center. But they are paid. Even if you can get somewhere the course materials, it would be perfect to go through them alone. Because it covers the most common actions connected with administration of the SAP system.

Also learning by doing is very good way, but it depends you can get the job as a junior and learn from your colleagues for example.

Kind regards

Laszlo_B
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Kirk,

• ADM100 is a nice start, it contains basic tasks like system starting/stopping, applying patches, system configuration, etc.
  • ADM102 gives advanced topics like Central User Administration (CUA), e-mailing and web-based communication, etc.

The TADM10/12/51 courses are meant for advanced basis administrators, as the course covers up more than 3000 pages (nope, not a typo: three thousand pages). If you can practice basis tasks a few years (like James Bond suggests), these courses will be very useful.

Regards,

Laszlo

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Have you tried to search the SAP training courses by role ?

https://training.sap.com/shop/catalogue/by-role

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

HHello,

i will suggest you to go through TADM 10-12-51 too. These are basics to understand system.

once you get idea how things are working you can search more books.

bht best experience is by hands on TEST system.

try to learn how system works, connects, where it writes logs, what processes are running, what are work processes etc

regards