SAP CodeJam
Developer focused, hands-on SAP events
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🇩🇪 Getting Started with Machine Learning using SAP HANA and Python (Düsseldorf, DE)

SAP CodeJam
SAP HANA ML CodeJam 231204 Duesseldorf_600x400.jpg

Note: Our physical seating is limited to 20 participants!

This SAP CodeJam event is on the topic of Getting Started with Machine Learning using SAP HANA and Python. You do not need to have any background in the topic, but a lot of curiosity!

You'll become acquainted with how embedded Machine Learning in SAP HANA can be used to build ML models. In working through this CodeJam you'll also become familiar with how the SAP Business Application Studio can be used to work with Jupyter notebooks.

This is a free in-person event and is planned for Monday, the 4th of December 2023 in Düsseldorf, Germany from 10:00 to 16:00 CET (UTC+1). It is hosted by Deloitte. The room is "Melitta Benz," which is on the ground floor of the office.

The language of the event and the content will be in English. The instructor is a Developer Advocate Vitaliy Rudnytskiy (aka Witalij Rudnicki).

There are essential prerequisites that must be completed by every attendee, before arriving at the event location. They are documented here: https://github.com/SAP-samples/hana-ml-py-codejam/blob/main/prerequisites.md.

Please note that spaces are limited: we can only accommodate up to 20 attendees.

The meal and refreshments will be provided courtesy of Deloitte.

For more information on SAP CodeJam events, to ask questions, and to chat with your fellow attendees, head over to the SAP CodeJam group.

Featured Guests
Featured Guests
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Starts:
Ends:
Deloitte, Erna-Scheffler-Straße, Düsseldorf, Germany
15 Comments
ilnobodyli
Newcomer

Hi, it will definitely be a cool event. Is prior knowledge of SAP HANA required or is SQL knowledge sufficient?
Greetings Roman

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

We will be using SQL code generated by the python client for the HANA embedded machine learning. But prior knowledge of either is not required, as we will focus on the process using provided code.

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor

Hey @Vitaliy-R , would like to come - great content, great host 😉 - but unfortunately not possible on a Monday 😪

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Sorry to hear this, Uwe. Unfortunately, it was the only day that worked to organize this event.

Are you in the city on that day? Would you join us for a glühwein in the evening?

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor

Glühwein is always a good idea 😁. I'm in, just tell me where and when to meet you.

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Apparently, both Wrocław and Duesseldorf are among the Top 10 markets in Europe, so now I need to check it myself! I'll ping you when we are going there, Uwe.

The Best Christmas Markets in EuropeThe Best Christmas Markets in Europe

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor

As long as Düsseldorf > Cologne -> everything is okay 😁

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

@UweFetzer_se38 , there is a table booked on Monday evening by @Assem_Aly to enjoy the Glühwein (I hope they have some beer too). I am looking forward to seeing you there.

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor

Great, I'll be there. Can you please DM me time and address?

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I will DM on Monday, @UweFetzer_se38 , when I get details from @Assem_Aly .

Have a good weekend.

Ozgu
Explorer

Dear Vitaliy,

Will you publish outputs after event via this repo?

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

What kind of outputs you are looking for, @Ozgu?

MCC
Explorer

Hi Vitaly,

Do you have an agenda of what topics will be discussed on this day?

Many thanks

Mi

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
MCC
Explorer

Great, thanks!