cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discontinued parts, not reflecting follow up part in MRP

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are exploring the use of the "Discontinued Parts" function within MRP 4 in our new system.

We have 4 FERT BOMs that use ROH X, within MRP 4 for material X we have

Discontin. ind. = 1 Eff.-out =4/1/20 Follow-up matl = Material Y

After the MRP run we are still seeing requirements for Material X for planned orders after 4/1/20, and no requirements for Material Y

If i open one of the planned orders and run "Read PP master Data, then the requirements will transfer from Materiel X to Material Y

What should I look at that will cause the requirements to be for Material Y during the MRP run instead of when I manual read the master data?

View Entire Topic
Raja_S_Reddy_B
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Chris,

Based on the inputs, mentioned
======================================================================"

If i open one of the planned orders and run "Read PP master Data, then the requirements will transfer from Materiel X to Material Y
======================================================================'
1) Hope, you are performing the "Read PP Master Data", in the Production Orders.? kindly confirm
2) If this is the case, does these Production Orders are created before 4/1/20 ?
3) Did you tried with the MRP Run, Planning Mode : option 2 >>(Re-explode BOM and routing)
If possible, Please share the screen shots, after above checks & actions, for further assistance.
Thanks & Regards : Raja

0 Kudos

1) yes, sorry I am performing "Read PP Master Data" while in create production order from clicking on convert planned order from MD04

2) from above, yes the productions orders are brand new being created.

before running the MRP test I manually deleted all planned ordered related to the finished materials

3) I am using MRP live, MD01n, that does not have option 2, I am using option 3

mrp-setting.png

mrp-2.png

mrp-4.png

MD04 for 06-00194-14-568 there are 4 DepReq created by the MRP run that should not be there since they were created after the effective out date

md04-568.png

MD04 for 06-00194-14-677 you can see one OrdRES for 58-20194-103-2-568-005401 which had 06-00194-14-568 until I ran "Read PP Master Data"... all the shouldn't the DepReqs for 06-00194-14-568 be here now?

md04-677.png

the BOM in create production order before running "Read PP Master Data" you can see 06-00194-14-677 is not there

bom-before-ppread.png

the BOM in create production order after running "Read PP Master Data" you can see 06-00194-14-677 is there

bom-after-ppread.png

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello

If you are working with production orders, then MRP will not redirect the reservation to the new component. In production orders, reservations will be directed to the follow-up during the order availability check.

Also, check my answer and the note referred on the following thread:

https://answers.sap.com/questions/11321472/discontinued-material.html

Regards,

Caetano