cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IW47 Confirmation Actual Hours Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

When doing the confirmations the standard setup for the actual hours is 0.000 (3 zeros after the comma) but now I have a problem when doing the confirmations on a specific Order type (PM06) it uses 0.0 (1 zero after the comma)

This causes a problem when I add up the column it gives me 2 separate totals.

Can anyone help me to rectify this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

For the quantity of work the assigned domain (ARBEIT) is limited to one decimal place. So regardless of the Unit of Measure  definition this field can only accept a single decimal. If you need to enter more precise values the option would be to enter a unit of minutes (rather than hours).

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

I appreciate the feedback.

Is there any way to get all of the Unit of Measure fields for the Actual hours booked throughout the different Order types to be the same size, as you can see in the example it causes a problem when summing up the column.

Thanks

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Andrew,

As Paul has stated above, the 'Actual Work' field in IW41 is limited to 1 decimal point - see screenshot below.

Where you have 3 decimal points for Actual Work, is the time being confirmed through IW41?

Cheers,

Khayyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khayyam

Thanks for the help. The time is being confirmed through IW41, is there other settings that I can look at to standardize this?

Thanks

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Andrew,

It looks as though I have been able to simulate what you have - see screenshot below.

Using a 'H' instead of 'HR' allows two decimal points in IW41 for the 'Actual Work' field, with a mixture of both 'H' and 'HR' as UOM's for different operations in an order the Actual Work final value ends up as a 3 decimal point number.

Can you check the UOM for all your Order Types on the Operations tab?

It's possible that you may have a different UOM set in the Task Lists from what's been configured as default values for units of operation in OIO9.

Regards,

Khayyam

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the settings in CUNI for HR and H. Here the number of decimal places can be specified.

However, you will still be limited to entering confirmations with maximum of 2 decimal places. This is because field Actual Work (AFRUD-ISMNW_2) uses data  element ISMNW_2 which is limited to 2 decimal places.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

Your advice worked, thanks, the settings for the decimal points are now correct.

I now have a problem with one of the Order types using the HR setting for actual work and the rest using H as you can see on the image below. Is there somewhere in config that this can changed/corrected?

Thanks

Andrew

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The UoM default for operations can be defined based on Planning Plant. The customizing path is as follows:

Plant Maintenance and Customer Service > Maintenance and Service Processing > Maintenance and Service Orders > General Data > Define Default Values for Units for Operation

This is the value that will default for new operations as they are created.

-Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul but as you can see they are all set up correctly. It only happens with the one specific Order type(PM06) across all of the plants.

Can you think of anything else?

Thanks

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The default is effective when the operation is first created. It is a default so can be overwritten by the user. Is it possible that this order type is being created in some particular way - maybe via BAPI or operations are created from a task list? Is the default 'wrong' when you create this order type manually from IW31?

There is a UoM entry at customizing point -

Functions and Settings for Order Types > Default Values for Task List Data and Profile Assignments

I don't see this affecting the normal manual input of operations via IW31.

-Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul

I created new Notification/Orders/Confirmations and everything seems to be working correctly. Possibly the Orders created already on the system are still giving us the wrong display, I will monitor for a few days and hope for the best.

Once again thanks for all the help

Andrew

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Andrew,

Glad you got it sorted. As we have mentioned above, you also need to check the Task Lists. If your Task List operations still contain 'H' as UoM then all orders where those task lists are used will use 'H' as the UoM.

To check the orders where you have a different UOM, try this:

• Run IW49N with your search criteria
  • From the layout select the fields as shown in my screenshot below.
  • Select the Work or Duration columns and click on the filter
  • You can then filter by different UoM's, this will give you an idea how many orders (list shows operations in an order) are in the system where you have a different UoM.

Cheers,

Khayyam