cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Could someone please let me know how checking rule is derived in sales order for a particular material. Lets say the availablity check for a material is 02 and the checking rule in the order is A. But when I check transaction OVZ9 there are so many checking rules assigned to availability check 02, how does system determine only A and not any other checking rule?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checking Group for Availability Check is assigned in material master in sales : genral/plant and for this checking group checking rule is asigned.

kapil

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry to say you would not have searched the forum before posting this question. Many times, Availability Check and Checking Rule were discussed in this forum.

To cite an example, check one among those thread

[Re: Changing the sales order checking rule |]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry but that doesn't answer my question. Does that mean every sales order irrespective of what type of order it is picks "A" as checking rule. Why only A when there are 15 other checking rules assigned to availability check 02.

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Does that mean every sales order irrespective of 
what type of order it is picks "A" as checking rule.

This too has been answered sometime back

If ur sales order item category special stock indicator is blank then availability check happens with A and checking group 02 ( as assigned in MMR)

If ur sales order item category special stock indicator is W then availability check happens with AW and checking group 02 ( as assigned in MMR)

If ur sales order item category special stock indicator is E then availability check happens with AE and checking group 02 ( as assigned in MMR)

what type of order it is picks "A" as checking rule

so the special stock indicator in your sales order item category will control this not order type

Checking rule as A for sales order and Checking rule as B for delivery is fixed and predefined by SAP

whether it is A or AW or AE or AQ or AV is controlled by item category special stock indicator (customization)

you need to test it to understand this

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may help you to understand to some extent:

Availability check is carried out in different transactions like Sales order creation, delivery creation, Purchase order creation, goods issue and also in production order. The point to be noted here is everywhere the availability check is carried out using two basic elements.

1. Checking rule

2. Checking group

Explanation

Checking Rule

Checking rule is transaction based, i.e. In STD SAP system, if you are creating the sales order, then it is A, if delivery then it is B, if you are creating/releasing production order, then it is PP. This is almost fixed. What is the use of this as a single element it does not have any meaning, but with checking group.

Checking group

Checking group is the one what you assign in material master at plant level, i.e. for different plant and for the same material or for same plant different material there can be a different checking group. This is assigned in material master in MRP3 view, as a signal element it may not have much meaning except that it may be used for checking at which level - group level or individual level and quantities confirmed in the availability check are to be locked or not.

Combination of Checking rule and checking group will define the scope of check

In scope of check you will be defining all control parameters in t-code OVZ9

Checking group you have defined in MMR as 01 and system is checking with checking rule A as it is a sales order you have created

Hence the system takes the said combination

Checking rules are predefined in SAP.

Checking Rule A for Sale Order and B for Delivery is pre defined in SAP and based on the availability check what you maintain in material master, checking rule will react in sale order.

'A' refers to Sales Order and Availability check Rule determined in '01'.

Regards