Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeroBieser
Advisor
Advisor
There were many interesting presentations about Asset Management at the International SAP Conference for Utilities in Basel. Now the recordings are available and you can revisit them or watch them for the first time. To help you select the ones that are of most interest for you, I would like to briefly give you some context:

Asset Investment Planning and Portfolio Management has been a major focus this year covered in presentations from

• Farys, with a focus on SAP Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management

• Anglian Water talking about an integrated approach with SAP and Copperleaf

• Swiss Federal Railways presenting the investment planning approach in a different industry using SAP solutions and extending them jointly with their implementation partner Rizing (recording not available)

As in the case at Swiss Federal Railways, extending and adapting the SAP solutions to company specific requirements using the SAP Business Technology Platform BTP is a major topic also for E.ON. Moreover, it is interesting that E.ON sees Enterprise Asset Management as the core of their Digital Transformation.

The very important role of Enterprise Asset Management also showed in the presentation from Naturgy about their Advanced Asset Management approach (recording not available).

The following presentations discussed further important aspects of Asset Management in Utilities and Energy companies:

• Chevron Phillips Chemical showed how to connect the workforce to support operator rounds

• EDF Renewables also looked at digitizing field operations to support frontline workers

• MetroGas utilizes SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) to optimize warehouses processes and reduce stock

Finally, for an overview about the SAP solutions for Asset Management you might want to have a look at the presentation from my colleague Hisham Gouda and myself. This presentation also included a brief look at the 2023 development roadmap as can be seen in the picture.

Roadmap for SAP APM and Business Network

Kind regards,

Gero