Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Segmentation Roadmap

joaocarreira
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

"In an complex project implementation in which are involved SAP Sales Cloud, SAP Customer Data Cloud and SAP EMARSYS, we have found a very important requirement for the customer not covered. They have been working with SAP CRM on premise for many years and they use the segmentation tool provided by SAP CRM. In this segmentation tool they are used to create complex segmentations in which many transactional data is involved. EMARSYS was going to be their new segmentation tool and once the customer has seen the capabilities of EMARSYS regarding transactional/relational data (RDS) it does not fulfill their requirements and they require to be able to create segments with, at least, the same capabilities that they have been doing up until today using SAP CRM on premise.

SAP Marketing Cloud is able to fulfill this requirement but it was not a solution available for them on the moment they started this project, EMARSYS was the solution to go. We need to know when and how will EMARSYS be able to deal with RD/TD segmentations and if it is something that is on the roadmap right now. Inb case it is not, which will be the best solution approach for the customer in this scenario? Thanks!

View Entire Topic
canakalin
Explorer

Hi Joao,

We have a similiar case with our Customer. And they have been using SAP Marketing on-prem. And they were basically saving up transactional data on the system(leads,opps,quotes, Sales ordera) and was doing segmentation regarding the data. And Emarsys doesnt provide our these cases exactly. Our solution here will be SAP CDP. We are planing to use it for more complex segmentation and will use Emarsys only as an marketing engagement solution. I think SAP CDP would be a viable option and definitely a good investment in an environment where they use SAP Sales Cloud, CDC and Emarsys.

WillYoung
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thanks can.akalin - I totally agree that SAP CDP is a good long-term investment for anyone using Emarsys as part of a wider SAP CX suite, and we are continuously expanding the scope of our integration.

joaocarreira
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Many Thanks Can Akalin, if you have a few minutes to share some details on your case I would much apreciate.