Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RICEF Confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have a difficulty assigning the category of one of my program. I have a requirement wherein data from SAP must be selected and then must be posted also in SAP. This occurs on the same server. In which RICEF category should I consider this program?

Thanks,

Andre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it will come under conversion which is used for data uploading in SAP.

Thanks

Vishal Kapoor

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

it will come under conversion which is used for data uploading in SAP.

Thanks

Vishal Kapoor

0 Kudos

Hi,

I forgot to state that this program must be run regularly, weekly or monthly. Will it still fall into the category of Conversion?

Thanks,

Andre

0 Kudos

yes it will still be a conversion. frequency of execution is not related to the type of object.

Edited by: vishal kapoor on Jan 10, 2009 12:29 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

According to your question,getting data from sap and posting it in sap can be resolved through Reports and Interfaces.

Reports: Selecting data from sap(from internla table)

Interfaces : sap to non-sap(physical)

It would be better if you can articukate your query.

Thanks

Srikanth.P

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It comes under category C - conversions.

you can use BDC,BAPI or LSMW for that purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Transfer of data from one application system to other system within SAP or from SAP to external system ,comes under conversions

You can transfer data through

ALE- IDOCS

BAPI

LSMW

BDC

all these methods comes under conversions

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an Extension... You are not converting data... the reason why you are getting data from SAP is so that you can add your own logic to process it before posting the data back. So it's adding functionality to an already existing one- Extension.

This is not conversion since you are not dealing with converting data from/to a non-SAP system.