Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Tcode for Function Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is to make changes in tcode IW31.I have checked the program name in the tcode and when i try to copy the program it is asking to assign function group by deafult and the standard fun grp is coih and when i copy this fun grp into zfun grp after i make required changes how do i assign tcode for this fun grp in order to check the changes i made.Kindly help me out.

Regards,

Harini.S

2 REPLIES 2

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The transaction use the dynpro/screen 100 of functional group COIH main program SAPLCOIH.

So you need to copy functional group AND dynpro(s) to edit your changes, then affect the new dynpro of the new function group main program to your transaction. You may have to copy some of the function modules (and rename those)

Regards

varma_narayana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

In SE93 Create a Tcode for this Function Group in the same way as a Module pool.

Function Groups

Check this:

Function groups or function pools are introduced with the FUNCTION-POOL statement and are the only programs that are allowed to contain function modules (which are special procedures that can be called from within all other ABAP programs). <b>They can be executed using transaction codes but are normally loaded by their function modules being called.</b> With the exception of reporting event blocks, function groups can contain all processing blocks supported in ABAP and as many local classes as required.

Like executable programs and module pools, function groups can contain their own screens, including selection and list screens. Screen processing, that is reacting to user actions in event blocks and dialog modules, also takes place in the function group. The screens are called from within the function modules of the group. A function group containing screens and a single function module therefore allows you to modularize screen flows.