Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Asset Manager - Mobile Add on on ERP

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to know few things related to SAP Asset manager.

In our organization, we are trying to build a POC for SAP Asset manager. I came across few doubts while finalizing the process to configure it. Could you please help with the same.

1. Do we need to install the add on components to ERP for Asset Manager app. Is there any base version possible without installing any add on component.

2. While finding out the required components to install, I came across SAP Note. 2660361. It provides information about four scenarios and corresponding components for each one of them. The note says we can configure only one scenario. Any information on why it is not possible to have a combination of two scenarios.

3. The connection from mobile services will be directly from mobile services destination via cloud connector to ERP. Is it not possible to have SAP NetWeaver Gateway in between. We would like to expose all the OData's from gateway instead of directly from ERP backend.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh

P.S. I am not able to find correct tag for SAP Asset manager application. So I have tagged it to Mobile development Kit.

View Entire Topic
syam_yalamati
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Sarbjeet,

Please check my answers below:

1. In order to work with SAP Asset Manager and build new PoC, it is necessary to install mobile Add-on for ERP or S/4 HANA system depends on your system landscape. The following SAP Notes will give you more details about the respective Add-On installation:

2660361 - SAP Asset Manager Mobile Add-On for ERP Installation Master Note

2493602 - SAP Asset Manager Mobile Add-On for S/4HANA Installation Master Note

2. Out-of-the-Box we support 4 scenarios as listed in the above notes but you can customize and build a component, based on different combinations. Also any component listed in those notes includes base SAP Asset Manager in it, for example SAP Asset Manager with Meter Management Component includes Base SAP Asset Manager and the same rule applicable for Field Operation Worker & Crew Management component. But you can build any other combinations using custom component, one thing you need to keep in mind, you need to choose proper BC Set activation depends on whether you are working with ERP or IS-Utilities system backend systems.

3. Yes, you can choose different deployment scenarios. SAP Asset Manager supports both Gateway Embedded & Hub deployment as shown in the attached picture.

gateway-hub-embedded-scenario.png

Let me know if you have any other concerns about SAP Asset Manager deployment.

Regards

Syam

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Syam,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

For point 2. Could you please provide a bit more information. Any link or documentation on the custom component creation. So for example, If we want to activate the Field Operation Worker scenario, could you please let me know briefly what all needs to be installed. and which BC set we need to switch on.

Regarding point 3, For the Central Hub approach, which component we need to install on the frontend server hosting the odata. Also will there any change in the procedure mentioned in 2660361.

Any link or documentation for Asset Manager with Hub deployment would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sarbjeet Singh