cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug Mode(/H) history

LEE325
Explorer

Hello!

I use the SE16N_CD_KEY table to see if the user changed the data through the DEBUG mode(/H).

Are all date changes in the DEBUG mode recorded in the SE16N_CD_KEY table?

If someone modify the data through DEBUG (in normal case), it always leaves a record in SE16N_CD_KEY, right?

Thanks for all.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
LEE325
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for reply. 

Then,

only changes in SE16N DEBUG are recorded,

and changes in SE11 DEBUG are not recorded....

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Excactly

One of my old answers... trace of variable changed in debug available in system log, but not always related to database change (how could the program identif those...)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manuf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Raymond is right, SE16N_CD_KEY is the table for all changes done in the edit mode of SE16N (by activating gd-edit/sapedit in debug, with &SAP_EDIT, calling FM SE16N_INTERFACE with edit flag or by using t-code SE16N_EMERGENCY). You can see the entries in SE16N in this menu

manuf_0-1718692291617.png

I tested earlier and (unfortunately) this does not apply if you edit the table in the old SE16, you don't get the change documents saved in SE16N_CD_KEY.

Regarding changes done in debug, not sure if it's a special setting, but I can see in SM21 log if someone changed a value or jumped to other lines. For example 

manuf_1-1718692654953.png

The first 2 lines are about me changing the value of the CODE variable from SHOW to EDIT, the next 2 about jumping from line 33 to 46 and the last ones about changing value of SY-UCOMM to INSR, all done in code below for testing.

manuf_2-1718692878204.png

Manu