cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only the old deprecated app tiles appear in Fiori Launchpad

KjetilKilhavn
Active Contributor

An on-premise S/4HANA 2021 system was upgraded to support pack 02 from support pack 00 (initial shipping version). This upgrade delivered new Fiori applications to replace existing ones for procurement analytics.
As an example there is F1663A to replace F1663.
However, I can still only see the tile for F1663 in Fiori Launchpad.

The system is used for proof-of-concept testing and exploration of standard functionality (primarily), so it is the standard roles that have been assigned to users.
I have SAP_BR_BUYER assigned. I am wondering if this is part of the reason I can't see F1663A - but then again why would I be able to see some of the Fiori tiles from a role assignment, and not all of them?
F1663A is active and can be launched - I verified that by adjusting the URL after launching F1663 and then checking the application ID shown in the About window.

I have looked at a blog Upgrade Support for SAP Fiori Launchpad Content in SAP S/4HANA 2021.
According to the blog transaction /UI2/FLPCA should indicate that the role and catalog contains deprecated apps, but there is no such indication when I use the transaction.

Hints from more seasoned Fiori Launchpad explorers would be much appreciated.

PS: Forgot to mention it, but I have cleared the browser cache, I have cleared other caches, and I have recalculated the app index (first for single app and then globally). I have been struggling with this for well over a day now before resorting to asking for your input - so I don't remember all the tricks I have tried, but it's not few 🙂
While they have helped me solve activation problems, this time I am not getting anywhere. At the moment I am thinking that it is perhaps because this is not an activation problem, but a catalogue or role problem.

former_member596519
Participant

Hi Kjetil,

• did you checked in the Fiori Launchpad Content manager (/o/ui2/flpcm_cust), if those apps can be found in the system, by providing the target-mapping/semantic-object∾tion?
  • From this Content Manager, you can derive in which catalogs and in which roles this app is contained, and finally if your user is assigned to that role
  • Did you checked if for those apps, the relevant software components have been installed? These information together with some notes for that particular app can be extracted for here:

BR Aleks

KjetilKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Aleksandar, the apps are found in the system - and both the deprecated and the new app tiles have assignment to the same technical catalog, business catalog, business group, and business roles. That is why it was so strange that only the deprecated tiles are visible in Fiori Launchpad.

Applications: F1663 and F1663A both have the following information in the Fiori Apps Reference Library.
Technical catalog: SAP_TC_PRC_COMMON
Business catalog: SAP_PRC_BC_PURCH_ANALYTICS
Business group: SAP_PRC_BCG_PURCH_ANALYTICS_EVL
Business roles: SAP_BR_BUYER and SAP_BR_PURCHASER

However, thanks for responding anyway, because it made me take another look at this 🙂

Today I assigned the role SAP_BR_PURCHASER to myself, even if that shouldn't make a difference for these apps.
All the new apps showed up, but they were in a different 'space'!
"Purchasing Analytics and Supplier Evaluation" has the deprecated apps.
"Sourcing and Contracting" has the new apps.

After some digging in /UI2/FLPCM/CUST I found in the Roles view that SAP_BR_BUYER has the space SAP_PRC_SP_STRATEGIC_PURCHASING assigned to it, while SAP_BR_PURCHASER has the space SAP_PRC_SP_SOURCING (as well as SAP_PRC_SP_PURCHASING) assigned.

In the "Manage Launchpad Spaces" app I found that the entire space SAP_PRC_SP_STRATEGIC_PURCHASING is deprecated, so I guess the missing assignment of SAP_PRC_SP_SOURCING to SAP_BR_BUYER is an error.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

KjetilKilhavn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It turns out that if the Fiori Launchpad settings are changed to uncheck "Use Spaces" the tiles for both F1663 and F1663A become visible.

However, as I understand it the recommendation from SAP is to use spaces, so I have created a customer message to SAP support to inform them about this possible error in the roles SAP_BR_BUYER and SAP_BR_PURCHASER.

Answers (0)