Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Receive steps in ccBPM

vinoth_s6
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my scenario I've two receive steps. I have a separate process for each. If any receive step receives message process needs to start and process has to complete without waiting for second receive step message( I used fork for this so I'm having this problem ). Please correct me to achieve this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If each of these receive steps are indepenent of each other, why not create a separate BPM for them?

Meanwhile if you still want to execute the BPM steps if even one message is received, there is a specific property in your Fork that says if all Branches are to be executed or only one for the process to continue. Set this property to the value 1 and this will make sure your ccBPM executes without waiting for other receive step.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/24/e2283f2bbad036e10000000a114084/content.htm

You can specify the required number of branches and then define whether the process must run through all branches, or just a particular number of branches. Furthermore, you can define an end condition for the fork.

Regards

Bhavesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

You can create common structure for both structures and use the common structure in the BPM with one receive step.

Example if you have header file and Item file

Define common structure like below and do the mapping outside the BPM and send the Order message to BPM and use Order message in the BPM receive step. Either Header or Item will be populated when the message goes to BPM

Regards,

Praveen.