cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measure with percent scale in SAC story

dhaleanita27
Participant

Hello Everyone,

I have a measure in my story "Fatty %" with scale defined as "Percent" in Model. As user input percent value ex. "2" it shows value as 200% . As it has scale - percent . Now one way I can calculate correct percent based on input is create a calculated measure as "Fatty%" /100. but problem with this is , this calculated measure is not editable. I also tested it , by creating a measure with formula in Model but this will be also not editable.

Could anyone of you share how to to handle this? Many thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Anita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor

Hello dhaleanita27,

I think you can achieve this by creating calculated measure with % Grand Total Mathematical Operators. You can have an input column and %Grand Total column will calculate based on that column.

If you find shared info helpful, dont forget to accept (accept button at the bottom).

Thanks,

Vijayeta

dhaleanita27
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vijeyeta, thanks for your reply.

I can do with a new calculated measure without %Grandtotals as well. However my requirement is to use the same "%Fatty" measure , allow users to enter 2 and it should show "2%" and not "200%"

Best Regards,

Anita

VijayetaSharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Converting calculated measure into % and using grand total mathematical function yield different results. You should have two columns one for input ready and the other with grand totals %. If you use calculated measure directly for percentage display you will end up with the issue you described in your post.

Give it a try.

chandrasekhar6
Participant

Hi

convert the Grand total % calculations into Percentage,

Thanks,

Chandrasekhar

martinguixe89
Explorer

Hi Anita,

Did you solve this? i'm facing the same issue on my project.

Thanks in advance

Martin

dhaleanita27
Participant

Hello Vijeyeta

Hi Chandrasekar,

Many thanks for your reply. However, my requirement is to allow user use same column to enter a value and show it as % . Ex. I have a measure "Fatty %" defined as scale- percent and decimal - 2 . User dont want to enter value in one column and then it to be calculated in other column as percent.

I tried the above solution you both have suggested but its not suitable for my requirement.

What i am curently using is, column ( Fatty %) as percent and asked user to enter 0.02 as input in case they want to see 2%.

I would really appreciate if there is a way to handle it in same column, means allow user enter 2 and it shows 2 %.

Thank you again for your support!

Best Regards,

Anita