cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background workitem in READY status

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am facing an issue wherein the majority of the background workitems are in the READY status.

Investigation revealed that the problematic background workitems in READY status are the ones which are executed immediately after the a dialog workitem on which user took action (approved/rejected). I also noticed that the background workitem is being executed by the user id which took action on the dialog workitem.

Please help.

Thanks,

Prasy

View Entire Topic
I042439
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Parsy

1) Check if there is any Requested Start deadline set for those work items - such Items will show as READY in the log, but will not go anywhere till the deadline is met (also ensure job SWWDHEX is running perodically)

2) What kind of step is that "background Work item"? Is it an activity step or something else?

3) Also, are there any backrground work items before the dialog work item or is the dialog step the first one in the workflow? Reason why I am asking is that for every background item, the workflow makes a RFC call to local destination. There may be a problem in the Local RFC Destination or the password for WF-BATCH needs to be reset. However, this can only be ruled out if there are any background items before the dialog step which executed without issues

Regards,

Modak