Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

Background workitem in READY status

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

I am facing an issue wherein the majority of the background workitems are in the READY status.

Investigation revealed that the problematic background workitems in READY status are the ones which are executed immediately after the a dialog workitem on which user took action (approved/rejected). I also noticed that the background workitem is being executed by the user id which took action on the dialog workitem.

Please help.

Thanks,

Prasy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

I042439
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Parsy

1) Check if there is any Requested Start deadline set for those work items - such Items will show as READY in the log, but will not go anywhere till the deadline is met (also ensure job SWWDHEX is running perodically)

2) What kind of step is that "background Work item"? Is it an activity step or something else?

3) Also, are there any backrground work items before the dialog work item or is the dialog step the first one in the workflow? Reason why I am asking is that for every background item, the workflow makes a RFC call to local destination. There may be a problem in the Local RFC Destination or the password for WF-BATCH needs to be reset. However, this can only be ruled out if there are any background items before the dialog step which executed without issues

Regards,

Modak

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could i complete these background workitems manually in SWIA by clicking the Complete Manually in Edit menu

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not desirable.  Try to find out reason for not completin the step.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure there is no binding for this container in the background task level.

And also make sure back-ground user WF-BATCH is proeprly activated and configured through SWU3.

Regards

Ansumesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if there are any stucked entries for workflow with user WF-BATCH in SM58 (transactional RFC).

Regards,

Ibrahim

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

share your background task and step screeshot. Also share swu3 screenshot

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Interesting! Make sure you let us know what the cause was, when you find it.

Looking back in SWI1, you should be able to tell when this started happening.

Did any transports go in at that time, e.g. was it a day on which changes are usually applied?

You say that "the background workitem is being executed by the user id which took action on the dialog workitem" but do you maybe mean it was created by them instead? It could be that WF-BATCH has a problem. It could be locked out or expired or had some roles removed. Try running the verification workflow from SWU3.

regards

Rick Bakker