Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IBP PCF indicator

anita96
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Community,

The requirement of my customer is to have in the Excel UI some time buckets (that should represent the frozen period) highlighted with another colour.

Related to this topic, I found this note 2570654 - IBP: Understanding the PCF indicator - SAP ONE Support Launchpad.

Implementing your suggestions, I was able to highlight the first column as you can see in the screenshot below:

In the IBP Formatting Sheet, I used the PCF Indicator in this way:

But I cannot find a formatting rule to have more time buckets highlighted and, mostly, rolling during the time.

Is that possible to implement? Or do you have any suggestions?

Thank you,

Anita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello anita96

What you are looking to achieve is presently not possible using EPM formatting. The reason is using the leadtime attribute value and then using that value as a range for PERIODID is not possible in EPM. I have tried to do that few months ago with all possible options in the periodid like using ID, CALC, relative and usaing operator like and between.

However thier is an easy solution to it. But that will involve using the VBA hooks in planning template where you can use a small peice of VBA code to get the desired output.

In case you are not familier with VBA codes, you can let me know I will send you the codes.

anita96
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ayen,

thank you for your answer.

If you can send me the codes, it will be really helpful for me!

Thank you.

anita96
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ayen,

Could you send me the mentioned VBA code, please?

Thank you so much,

Anita

ayanbishnu1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello anita96

Please share a sample excel IBP template in .xlam format and I will write the code and send it back to you. Then you can copy the macro module to other templates

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

As others said, that's not possible in EPM Formatting.

What I did is to create another calculated key figure as a workaround, let's call it "Frozen Horizon Periods". (I did this over the alert key figure because I want the cell to be all highlighted not only the font color)

Then write the formula something like this:

IF (PERIODID <= $$PERIODIDCU$$ + FROZENHORIZON, 1, NULL)

And then use EPM Formatting to do Conditional Formatting and highlighted the cell if there's a value of 1. For cosmetics make the fill and font color the same.

Thus, for that combination, the cell within lead time will be highlighted in that new key figure.

Hope this helps.

Sittinut

mohnotrahul
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anita,

The similar requirement was given to us our client and we handled it by creating an Alert KF for every bucket in frozen horizon.

This alert was selected in Planning area with unique color and we could achieve to display frozen horizon to planners.

-Rahul Mohnot