cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transaction variant for VA01

0 Kudos

Hi!

I need help - perhaps someone knows whats wrong...

I created with SHD0 a screen variant for VA01:

SAPMV45A

I want KDKG1 displayed at the Overviewscreen 4440.

So i clicked to all fields which are not neccessary: hide - execpt for KDKG1 and the "standard" fields.

i saved it and named it : ZVA01_4440.

When i hit "test" its working - KDGK1 is displayed with the other "standard" fields.

Now i created a transaction variant. ZVA01 - assigned ZVA01_4440 to it.

- if i now hit "test" ALL fields of screen 4440 are displayed.... WHY in seven hells?

it seems its ignoring the setting in ZVA01_4440 - whats missing?

in additon: when i activate ZVA01 for "standard variant" and calling VA01 - nothing happens...

What is missing? I checked every step with existing manuals - i do nothing wrong - but still its not working.

please advise.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

In SD you can create variant in SHD0 and directly assign this to Sale order type in VOV8. It will work. You don't need to create transaction variant and assign screen variant to it. Simply assign screen variant to your sales document type in Variant field in VOV8.

Thank$

0 Kudos

thx - yesterday i tried the same - vov8 - transaction variant. calles va01 -> all field were displayed.

today i do exactly the same - i get the correct result.

... anyway - assining a screenvariant as you described is not working you need to assign a transaction variant.

but shouldnt it also work to declare the transaction variant as standard?

that just wont work...

regards

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear

Yes, assigning a transaction variant is mandatory in Sale order. If you don't assign variant in VOV8 then it will not work. Like other variants for delivery or billing document it wont work for sale order. Behaviors are different.

Thank$$

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check the V0V8  for your order type here transaction flow tab  variant field check , here you assign the variant , then you will check