cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Pricing Condition Type Calculation Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement for Return Order pricing. In the business scenario, for a return order, there is a 10% restocking fee and sometimes freight is also refunded. The restocking is only applicable for devices (tangible items) and not for freight charges or service warranty materials. In my example, I have two materials. One is a medical device and the second material is the extended warranty. See attached photo.

I created 2 manual conditions types: ZFRE for freight and ZA2A for restocking fee. ZFRE is a fixed amount. When the manual condition ZFRE(freight) is entered, it distributes the freight for all materials but the service warranty materials. I used a group condition routine to achieve this at the condition type level. These are header level condition types.

ZA2A is a % condition which calculates based on the gross amount – (freight and service warranty material value). I used a BaseType condition routine for ZA2A at the pricing procedure level to achieve this calculation.

If I enter ZFRE(freight) before entering ZA2A(restock fee), the calculation appears correctly for the restock fee(ZA2A) as $360. I’d enter the amount for the manual conditions and click on Activate.

However, if I enter the ZA2A(restock fee) before entering the ZFRE(Freight), the calculation for the restock fee changes to $440. It takes the total gross value into consideration. I would then have to manually reenter 10% and click on Activate again for the system to recalculate the restock fee to $360.

I was wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to have the ZA2A (restock fee) calculate its value correctly regardless if I enter if before or after ZFRE(freight) condition type.

Other solutions are also welcome if you have encountered this type of scenario before.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina. Thank you for your feedback. I figured out the issue. The routine developed by my Abaper was not developed correctly.

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand why you are using a group condition routine if you only needed to exclude the service items. Probably I am missing an important point of the business case.
Correct me if I am wrong - you wish to calculate ZA2A as a percentage on the original gross value (which should not include ZFRE) and it has to be applied only to devices. I suppose, that you have a pricing requirement applied. In addition, ZFRE has to be applied only to device items.
I tried this in a sandbox and the pricing result was the same, no matter in which order I enter the manual conditions.
Maybe if you share how exactly your procedure is set up, especially how you get the gross value, what is your condition base routine code (if it is a custom one) and how exactly your conditions are configured, I can try to reproduce the case.