cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue regarding Positive Time Management LOP

Former Member
0 Kudos

while executing Time Evaluation Program through PT60 when employee works for 20 days It is calculating  for 30 days in a month?? It should calculate only on 20 days How would i resolve this issue could you please let me know How would i proceed further??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even though we are using Positive time management Standard SAP considers the absence records and then deducts the amount from fixed salary.

Where how it works is Planned working time is 30 days Employee is worked for 20 days which means employee is absent for 10 days since we have to maintain 10 days as absent in 2001 info type that absence has to be defined as unpaid absence then system considers 10 days absence record and deducts the salary.

Planned working time - Absence days/planned working days(which are called as divisors)

30-10/30 = 0.6666666*100000(Multiplication factor) = 66,666.66666667 * Fixed salary assume that monthly 10000

66,666.66666667*10000 = 666,666,666.6666667/100000 = 6,666.6666666667 is monthly salry

If you wanted to calculate it on the basis of actual hours we have to write custom rules.

Remember that no absence record no reduction happens.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thank you for your information. At my clients place, End User wants to calculate, based on number of working days. For example Employee work for 10 days it should calculate only 10 days but at my clients place it is calculating for 30 days . It should be automated .

Client  want to calculate based on number of working days including offs  and It should consider LOP if he/she wont come to office.

They dont want to maintain LOP manually in 2001 when ever there is missing entry in 2011 that is clock in and clock out it should consider LOP

How would i go ahead please throw some light on this

sikindar_a
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Automation of LOP from TE to PY is not good work around instead they have to maintain the Data in 2001 (PY and Time will gets integrated in XT00 Sub Schema)

we have work around for your issue , Pass no of working days from TE to PY and valuate the payments based on that that will solve the purpose but it is not good solution as there will be lot of process issues

ex :- what in case if employee came to office and system  reads the day as LOP and later he corrected his entires in 2011

please check

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can build the system as they wanted before that you check with business owners either they wanted it surely or they can adjust with existing standard process.

But it is possible.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Skinder,

Thanks a lot for your information. You mean to say we have to maintain LOP manually to deduct LOP for employees.

First question

How would client know that employee is under LOP? How would client know when to deduct LOP

Second Question

As you said what in case if employee came to office and system  reads the day as LOP and later he corrected his entires in 2011

Yes I agree Suppose Employee Timings are 9.30 till 6.30 in the evening There are chances that employee will come Late to the office so in that case how can we handle. Either the system should consider Half Day LOP or LOP for coming late. Again for that User should manually update 2001 for Half Day LOP

The entire process wants to be automated That is the client requirement They dont want to do any manual entries in the system They just want to execute  Time Evaluation Program That should automatically update infotypes

how would i convince the client what is the best approach to goahead

Thanks again Sikinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thank you for prompt response

Could you let me know the standard process for LOP in Positive Time Recording Do we need to manually update the infotype in 2001 for unpaid absences

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

When we look at the system SAP has given one procedure where absences need to be manually updated why the reason you are looking it as an absence only, Go little deeper

Where absences are unauthorized absences, authorized absences, and paid, unpaid  in case employee does not wanted to come to the office but he has to give reasons why he is not able to come to the office and he has to decide that whether he is under paid absence or unpaid absence that does not mean that employee is not punched in and out so we can consider him directly as absent since if we consider him as absent and if we do not pay him salary he may claim against to the employer i.e every organization provides leave's to the employees leave is nothing but he no need to come to the office he can take rest why there are some legal clauses which are saying that employee should get relaxation from work such as earned leave one leave for 11 working days, sick leaves, casual leave,maternity leave etc.

So assume that if we automated the system no punch in no and out consider as absent then who will provide the absence details i.e authorized absence or un authorized absence, paid or unpaid we can not directly create a record as we are expecting, Since the data has to flow from employee his boss and admin then maintain it in the system this is the process.

That does not mean that client is asking we have to implement it accordingly we have to make them understand if you automated as well there are concerns "no in no out- should we reduce the salary or not, With out knowing the details we can not update a absence record since every organization will have various kind of leaves so employee can avail all of them that is the reason they come up with absence concept there you can identify paid one or unpaid, authorized or un authorized etc that choice has been given to the employees and his hierarchy with approval process.

So what we have to do is provide a report where we should get in and out details compare with planned working time if employee supposed to work but he is not come generate a report as absent details that can be executed by admins and they will communicate with employee and his boss this is the job of admins they are meant for it.

analyze it in all the ways hope you may understand.

if you wanted to go for based on actual hours that is also possible but they have to maintain 2001 you can not by pass it.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats really great information Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need Abapers help and other solution I can provide as an idea.

Write  program with user exit to check missing records of clock in and Clock out and create an absence record with LOP . schedule the program as back ground job before TE runs so  that absences are considered in TE. this way user will be paid only of 20 days if he did not for 10 days.

Regards,

krishna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

As i have already done like this.

So i would suggest you go with error message display when employee is absent on the specific day with PCR.

VARSTFREE

Y

VARSTPRSNT

Y

LEAVE

N

COLERXXE

From the PT_ERL00 tcode you can check and populate the update in the master with LOP and Absence type.

Then rerun the PT60 and will clear the error in the time evaluation.

Check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

Even either positive or negative time management until unless you won't maintain info type 2001(Absence) system will consider as a attendance.

If you would like make absence by the system where time events aren't maintained in such case you will have to take help from ABAPER. In my last project also i did the same i mean ABAPER has been involved in the picture.

Ur's Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you copy the standard PCR INP1 to ZNP1 and maintain the same and check:

In case using /802, then in each of your wage type maintain 2 in Processing class 10 and check.

Regards,

Bhagyashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leelamohan,

Thank you so much for your answer. I believe ABAPER is required for this. When there are no time events for that particular day it should consider LOP.

I appreciate your answer. I will mark as correct answer for your question If it is right

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhagyasree,

Thanks a lot for your PCR  Can we achieve without taking a help from abaper Can we achieve below scenario for above PCR

The system should automaticaly consider LOP when we dont have timevents

There are scenarios The system should first deduct remaining casual leaves and when casul leaves are zero it should consider LOP

when employee comes late It should consider LOP or Half Day Leave

can we achieve above scenarios with that PCR  Have you tried above PCR before?

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You no need to get it done by ABAP'er you can generate a wage type for actual work days and then you can write rule in pay roll where calculations happens based on actual hours.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are few scenarios

If employee comes late to the office that is three times it should automatically deduct from paid leaves if employee dont have paid leaves it should consider LOP

There is tolerance time at clients place Employee timings are 9.30 till 6.30 in the evening  Employee is allowed to come till 9.45 so that is acceptable If employee come after 9.45 That is from 9.46 till 10.00 clock it is allowed for three times. If employee crosses three times in a month That is on 4th time if employee come after 9.45 it should automatically deduct from paid leaves if employee dont have paid leaves it should consider LOP

Can we achieve above scenarios through PCR

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can achieve this through PCR but if employee does not have paid leaves then it should consider as LOP where in this case we can not update a record in 2001 where we can provide information in a time type so that admin can able to create a record or else need a upload a program where it should check the time time value where it exists create a record in 2001 other wise nothing rest everything is possible through PCR Paid leave quota deduction.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you let me know how would i do that through PCR?

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through below images it may help you out.

1st PCR used to count late coming hours next any one of the way you can reduce quota either with a time type or with out a time type.

Since some cases we used to generate quota's with the help of time type instead of constant in base entitlement so any one of the method.

Go through it if you have any doubt's let us know.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkatesh

We can achieve this through PCR but if employee does not have paid leaves then it should consider as LOP where in this case we can not update a record in 2001 where we can provide information in a time type so that admin can able to create a record or else need a upload a program where it should check the time time value where it exists create a record in 2001 other wise nothing rest everything is possible through PCR Paid leave quota deduction.

Providing info in a time type It is same like updating an infotype in 2001 There is nothing much difference

You said Upload program  to check time All these seems to be manual entries Client wont get convinced if i start telling them to upload or update an infotype 

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can do some extend through PCR what we are doing is we are checking the late mins every day if quota balance is available then we are deducting it in time evaluation it self but we can not create a LOP record in 2001 for that we are providing information in a time type and we are writing a program to create a record in 2001 and we can schedule it in the back ground as well so that system will automatically executes the program there is manual intervention.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

we can write a program if we dont have time events in 2011 it should deduct casul leave from 2006 infotype else it should consider LOP for that employee.

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

What can i say can you check with your technical team and explain the complete requirement and discuss with them is it feasible to them write such program he may get tired in the initial stage it self where finding out Time events details from TEVEN and compare with planned working time and then tolerance time then later count those days then pass it to the 2006 and deduct the quota from existing quota if no balance then create a record in 2001 once it is updated in 2001 then execute time evaluation and retro cases also it should work as similar as time evaluation i.e time evaluation is executing from so and so date then program also should run from that date as well and check with them about custom program performance how much time it takes to complete entire task based on that you can take a decision either ABAP'er or PCR.

As far as i know we should bring them into the picture where it is completely not possible from functional end then we should approach them.

Any way decision is up to you.

Regards

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with you What I would like to say Some part of abap job in this is required and not everything

ABAPER should check whether time events exists or not in an infotype The time events displayed in the infotype are stored in the TEVEN database table.

Do you have any info regarding paid leave quota deduction?

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

Check the requirement we have to check the two things one is

Scenario 1:

employee Punch in and Out is there but punched in at 09:46 for 3 days so he is come late for 3 days accepted again he is come late for one more day so we have do deduct the Quota (paid leave that has to be identified with quota number) this works fine assume that we quota balance is "0" so requirement is to create a LOP record in 2001 so we can deduct his salary creating record in 2001 is not possible when ever quota balance is "0"

Quota balance greater than "0" - deduct quota accordingly i.e 4 times employee is come late through PCR

Quota balance is "0" - employee is come late 4 times we can not deduct update information in time type so loop at time type value and create a record in 2001 one minor program no calculations required in Z-program refer time type and update 2001.

Scenario 2:

Second one employee is not having punch in punch out from employer prospective he is absent but we do not know whether he is absent or not un till and unless we check his TEVEN details another program is required where no calculation happens for late comers this checks TEVEN and if there is no entry directly creates a record in 2001 as absence.

So first scenario we can only deduct quota if balance is there in quota if not provide information one program

second one as well we can give the information to time type but here no calculations are required so program also works fine check TEVEN no entries create a record in 2001.

hope you understand if i have not understand you correctly can you elaborate it.

Regards

Venkatesh

venkateshorusu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

If your query is answered you can close thread.

Regards

Venkatesh