Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer stock in own premises

former_member342867
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

With some customers we agree to reserve stock (big quantities) for them in our own premises to be delivered in small quantities as they require.

In exchange for keeping the stock in our premises, we bill immediately the agreed quantity.

We solve this scenario this way:

• First, we create a Sales Order relevant for billing and billed it immediately.
  • Second, we create individual deliveries related to this sales order, as the customer requires, changing if necessary the ship-to in the same sales order before the delivery creation.

The question I need to solve is that, if at some point, the customer decides to decrease the quantity to reserve; how can I change (decrease) the quantity indicated in the sales order.

As the material quantity was already billed (status fully invoiced) the quantity cannot be changed in the sales order unless we cancel the invoice.

As this customer’s request can happen likely months after the invoice settlement is done (and even over a different financial period), it doesn’t look correct to me to cancel the invoice just to change the sales order quantity and re-invoice and thereafter re-settle manually in FI (or similar) - I would rather modify the original agreement – the sales order quantity –.

An invoice rectification of quantity doesn’t help to open the quantity to be change either <= that would be perfect !

Thanks in advance for your help,

David

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Consignment process would be the best approach to this requirement.

0 Kudos

Hi, it seems consignment process, but the goods are customer's property, this is not possible with standard consigment, isn't it?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes in the consignment fill-up process, once you do fill-up delivery, the stock from unrestricted would be converted into special stock and there will not be any inventory impact in the delivering plant's company code. Only at the time of consignment issue, there will be inventory impact.