Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ByDesign: Customer Name in additional language

former_member402814
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

We want to maintain customer name & address to be maintain in Arabic Language.

Please suggest how to do it.

Currently we can use English Language (as it is the default language for entire system)

Regards, Vishal Kambare.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

first you will need to add the different scripts to your solution profile.

you will need to edit the project scope. in the question step , Expand -> Built-in Services and Support -> Business Environment and select Addresses and Languages

On the right pane, under the Group: Multiple Scripts : find question : Do you want to specify textual master data using more than one script? put check mark in the question if not done already.

Next

In the fine tune activity list : search for Multiple Scripts

Select the scripts which you would like to use and save the settings.

Now go to Business partner data work center, select the business partner.

Edit general data for business partner. on the top you will see the default script and Add button next to it. Click on Add and select the desired script. For example Chinese. now you can maintain the name and other script dependent texts in Chinese script. when you switch back to Latin script. it will show the details in English and with Chinese script name and other details will be displayed in Chinese.

Currently , I don't see Arbaic Script in the system. So i guess, you will need to ask SAP to add Arabic script and then you can use that.

Update : Following scripts are currently available in the system.
Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, Greek, Hangul (is for Korea), Latin, Japanese, Chinese Traditional, Kantakana, Cyrillic

Language adaption tool, in my opinion is used for translating the screen elements, like Name of the field and etc. but the text or the value of the field can be maintained in multiple scripts using the approach I mentioned above.

Additional Communication Languages : yes, if you would like to print/generate output documents in the different languages + to allow users to login with the supported languages.

I hope this will answer to your concerns.'

Cheers.

Harshal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member417349
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear Vishal, could you kindly note how you solved this issue? I have the same question and would like to know more detail.

We would like to maintain the Master Data i.e. customer name & address in Arabic Language, in order to invoice different clients in Arabic. We use Adobe Form Templates for outgoing invoices.

=> We've scoped Qatar and KSA

=> We cannot find Arabic as an option in "Multiple Scripts" => Expand -> Built-in Services and Support -> Business Environment and select Addresses and Languages

=> Arabic is selected as a language in the Fine Tune Activity.

Any input from you or experts would be much appreciated!

Thank you

Janita Bach

former_member402814
Participant
0 Kudos

Unresolved 😞

Posted my requirement on to Influence Forum.

I'm not sure if PDI solution can be developed for this.

Adie
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

Additional Communication Languages is actually a fine-tune activity. You can maintain the languages which are allowed as communication language in this acitivity. I could see Arabic is supported.

Thanks,

Adie

former_member402814
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adie, This function do not allow to maintain customer, supplier, material, services to be maintained in Arabic.

As explained by Harshal, we need Arabic script on each master so that we can maintain masters in arabic language.

I have already selected Arabic Language in Fine Tune Activity as you guided, but we dont get any output in arabic.

Can you elaborate usage of Additional Communication Languages please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vishal,

You can use Customer Specific Language to maintain Arabic Language in your system.

Go to Application and User Management WoC --> Customer Language Adaptation --> here you can create Customer Specific Language.

Regards,

anant patel

SAP BYD Consultant

+91-9716100326

anant3113@gmail.com

former_member402814
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

I dont see "Customer Language Adaptation" in App & User Manage WoC.

But i see "Additional Communication Languages" in business configuration WoC.

Can we use this function for maintaining customer name in Arabic? So that our output documennt will also print customer name & address details in Arabic?

Thanks, Vishal Kambare

former_member402814
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anant,

Do you have any input in this? I didnt find the option "Customer Language Adaptation"....