Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAp CC in Different Data Centers

former_member282286
Participant
0 Kudos

All

I am considering moving one or more of my application servers to different datacenter and they would be on different subnets.  This is for normal operation in case of server failure as will as DR support.  I think I know the answer, but was wondering can I use layer 3 routing of the VU's to the other instances of the app servers in different subnets or am I going to have to extend my SAP CC VLAN across the WAN so all the app servers are on the same subnet.

I would appreciate any documentation that anyone has the addresses specifically the network topology requirements and / or supported environments for distribution of instances of app servers and the SQL cluster.

Thanks to all

DV

View Entire Topic
former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

if I get your question right then I am afraid you cannot have virtual IPs located in different subnets (if you want to traverse the same IP between the sites, of course).

The VUs should be reachable within layer 2 switching - this is quite nicely described in this document https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/012002523100012779152014E/SAP_CCtr_INFRASTRUCTURE.pdf , check chapter 6.3 Multiple Sites. Concluded in chapter 6.3.1:

The SAP Contact Center high availability concept is based on virtual units having more than one instance sharing the same IP address and of which only one instance is active at a time. However, each instance has its own network interfaces and its own MAC addresses that must be resolvable by the router connecting to the customer.

Therefore, sites must be in the same broadcast domain and there must not be a routed connection between them.

Different story would be to have another instance of SAP CCtr in DR site, with different set of IP addresses, You must then ensure configurations replication from main DB to DR DB, remaping virtual IP addreses in Configuration database. And accept some limitations implied by different IP addresses (e.g. integration with SAP CRM).

Regards,

Dawood.