Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add item of interest on campaign level

JEFODB
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm exploring the possibility of using item of interests. I already read SAP documentation and found that it is was possible to add item of interests and tags to links in the old email content editor. However, we are using the Lite for which it is not possible. I found a influence ID covering this topic.

Therefore,I started looking into the item of interest on campaign level. My understanding is that the item of interest and tags that are displayed in the campaign designer are for reporting and searching purposes only. It will not be visible on the contacts of this campaign? Is this correct?

Is it possible to make this attribute visible in the segmentation builder? If yes, what is the technical name of this attribute so I can activate this in the segmentation builder.

My use case is as followed: we have integration with C4C however not all contacts are in C4C. Therefore, we do a manual upload of contacts. Currently we are using origin ID's to segmentate on, meaning we have to create an extra origin ID each time we upload a database. We would like to switch to the usage of item of interests. In that case we can use only one origin ID 'manual upload' and use the item of interest of the first mail campaign to segmentate in the future.

Thanks a lot for your view on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor

Hi Jef,

yes your understanding is correct, the Campaign Interest is not visible on Contact level.

I did not find the field in standard data sources to make it visible. Maybe it would be possible to do that by creating an own HANA View (but at the moment I'm not sure where to find that Interest-to-Campaign assignment).

As a workaround, is it maybe possible to use the "Campaign Content" field? So, if you create an email (Lite), name it like your interest and use that email everytime you need it in your email Campaigns for your uploaded Contacts? This field could be made visible in Segmentation by default (Segmentation Object All Contacts - Data Source _SAP_CF_CE_CONTACT_IA_ERP_CUST). Not sure if that would work for you.

Best Regards

Tobias

JEFODB
Participant

Hi Tobias,

Indeed that could be a possible workaround. Thanks for your feedback.

alessandroventuri
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi schneidert,

if the Campaign Interest is not visible on Contact level, what is its purpose? I have been asked by a client and I wasn't able to provide an answer. I ran a campaign filling those fields but there was no effect whatsoever on interest in the contact profiles. I would expect that if someone opens the email in the campaign, an interaction wit this interest is recorded, but that was not the case, as it happens instead if I select the same interests in the content studio app correlating them to the link clicks. In that case, interests then they show up within the click email interaction type, as expected.

Could you please clarify this? What's the purpose of the interest and tags field in the campaign designer app?

Thanks,

AV

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey alessandroventuri,

as per my knowledge they have two purposes.

One is what Jef already mentioned: Reporting

The second one is for Lead transfers to C4C. By default the Interest Item of the campaign is used as the Product description in the C4C Lead.

BR Tobias

former_member226
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

To add to what Tobias has already said, you can add the field from Campaign Interest to segmentation. To do so, please include table CUAND_INI_IOI into your custom Hana segmentation view. From this table, INTEREST_ITEM will contain the values that you are looking for and here PARENT_KEY = CUAN_D_INI_ROOT-DB_KEY. (you should already find CUAN_D_INI_ROOT as part of standard segmentation because it s the root table or campaign BO).

SCHNEIDERT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh for the valuable additional information,

wasn't sure about the table because I wasn't able to find it for export in the Add Custom View app.

JEFODB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh, thanks for the addition. I will look into it. But indeed as Tobias mentioned, I cannot find the table to export in the add custom view app.

former_member226
Employee
Employee

My bad that I haven't realized that this info is not part of the "whitelisted" object list. Then you can check with SAP support if it is possible to release this table for your customer or is there any other trick to get the inetrest assigned to campaign in sgementation.

Sorry!