cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using VPN with DWC

joni_ahola
Explorer
0 Kudos

For valid reasons that I will not open for debate 🙂 ...we need to be able to connect to Azure DataLake Gen2 using a VPN tunnel. Anyone done this, or similar with VPN?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

XaviPolo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I am not mistaken, connections to Azure DL do not go through the Cloud Connector or DPAgent, so they are made directly from the SAP cloud. So I don't think it's possible to set up a VPN.

You could set up the VPN on the server that has the Cloud Connector or the DPAgent, but they are only used for some connections like oData or JDBC, so you should check if you can access Azure DL with those kind of connections.

joni_ahola
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comment! This is what I am worried about, that we cant use the native Azure DL connection method. Also, surely the same applies to connection between DWC and the DP_Agent server? That link also needs to be vpn tunneled to keep the same level of security?

XaviPolo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

joni.ahola Connection btw DWC and SCC is secured by an "internal VPN". It's managed by SCC itself

You cannot use your own VPN for the same reason, that you would need to install a specific VPN client in the SAP cloud.