cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to navigate from Step 2 to Step 3 in the workflow in Desktop Studio in SAP iRPA

anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

In my workflow, I am using three screens and all the screens are connected together as steps. After screen 1 validation has happened it is triggering screen 2(Step 2). However from Step 2, I am unable to perform a click on screen 2. I got time out error every time even I have not use any 'Wait Exist' class in Screen 2. Due to this, Screen 3 is not loading and I tried multiple ways but no luck. As per my observations, I have noticed that screen 2 is taking 37 secs time to finish the loading and I read for every step the time out would be 30 secs. I am unable to sort out this issue. Please help me.

Thanks,

Anand.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

anandkrishna.jankala,

You can use Wait Element if you want for a particalur element to be retrieved.

You can refer to below doumenttaion which helps you to understand better about Wait activities.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/8e71b41b9ea043c8bccee01a10d6ba72/Cloud/en-US/fdb6245369be40b787b7d6a7a12...

You can share the screen shot of your workflow which will helps us to analyze and share suggestions.

anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Thank you for your comments. I am unable to share screenshots from my laptop.

As a POC, I am trying below scenario to automate the things. Kindly go through it and share your suggestions.

Step 1: Open 'api.sap.com' and provide input as 'fiori' and click on search button

Step 2: From the results page, Click on 'sap cloud portal service' link.

Step 3: View cloud portal service page.

Workflow: Start -> Step 1 (Wait Exist has been used to set 'Fiori' as input and click on 'Search Icon')

-> Step 2 (Wait Exist has been used to click on 'sap cloud portal service' link until it found

-> Step 3 (cloud portal service page)

Stop

Thanks,

Anand.

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Looks like you had missed adding workflow screen shot.can u please add it?

anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I am just trying to replicate the below one, however in my exact use case I am trying to navigate through screens by just clicking on the links. Every time, I am getting time out error and unable to perform click on a hyper link in screen 2. I gave interval 20000 for Wait exist element and tried but no luck. I am unable to share screenshot from my laptop. So, please don't mind and you can just take any webpage(IMDB) and just show me the navigation part from screen 2 to screen 3. Thank you in Advance 🙂

https://blogs.sap.com/2020/02/12/challenge-submission-how-to-extract-data-from-a-web-page-to-excel-u...

Regards,

Anand.

anandkrishna_jankala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

If you don't mind, Can you take a simple example to navigate through multiple screens and share your inputs here. My only concern is why I am unable to navigate from screen 2 to screen 3 and how to handle this time out in screen 2. Please help me.

Thanks,

Anand