cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW Portal 730 Loadbalancing to Backend ERP Systems and UWL Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

i have a problem with the Loadbalancing Configuration for the UWL Access to the Backend R3 Systems.

I go to SystemAdmin - System Landscape - System Management, choose my System an changed Connection Method from Dedicatedt Server to Load Balancing.

Then the Connection Test for Connextors did not work anymore.

If it is on Dedicated, all  three connection Tests (SAP Web AS Connection, ITS Connection, Connection Test for Connectors) works fine.

I allready read and configured the following (quite logical to fill in the SMLG Logon Group)

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/de/4c/4c3bd7a12f6f83e10000000a42189e/content.htm

Bei R/3 mit Lastausgleich ( SAP_R3_LoadBalancing ) müssen Sie zusätzlich folgende Eigenschaften pflegen:

• Gruppe: <GRUPPE> 
  • Message Server: <MESSAGE_SERVER> 
  • Server-Port: <SERVER_PORT> (I tried 3200 and 3600)

If i try the connect after this, the Test for the connectors didn't work and in UWL i get the following message:

The Systemalias seems correct:

The Destintion in NWA seems correct configured too, ping will work>

I would like to distribute the connections from our NW Portal to the backend ERP System from our PAS to one or two other AAS via LogonGroups.

Thanks a lot for any Ideas to solve my Problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Correct me if i am wrong....after reading your first post as of i understood you need to create the Loadbalancing system.

-->First don't forget to create the RFC destination in the NWA and test the connection .(While creating the destination select the loadbalancing system)

-->once the connection is successfull then create the load balancing system in the portal where you will have the option to enter the Group name,Message server,port,system type.

-->Also check the Group exists in the backend.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please confirm the following

you are making connection between One Portal to One ECC system .

and the Option is Load Balancer system is for dedicated Load Balancers and Not dedicated ECC system .

and also please make sure that Systems can be made for Multiple ECC systems with Dedicated  Application server method just give the different Alias Names..

Regards

Dishant pathak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dishant,

thanks for your reply.

Correct, connection between One Portal to One ECC System.Ecc System has the PAS (CI) and 2 additional AAS (DI)

The Loadbalancer Option is an Option in the Portal. With this Option you can control the connections from the Portal to the ECC.

For example: 1000 User logged in to the Portal, there should be 500 connections to the PAS and 500 connections to the ASS. This you can manage via the LogonGroup you define in the ECC System and enter in the Portal System.

Sorry but i didn't understand the point with the different Alias. As you can see the Alias is set correctly.

Any other suggestions?

Regards

Marcus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Correct, connection between One Portal to One ECC System.Ecc System has the PAS (CI) and 2 additional AAS (DI)

then you should use option Dedicated Application server only.

at there you and in which you should use the Load balancing

please mention the group name over here and you are done with load balancing

and you should make system with following option

Means you are telling system that you are using SAP system with Load balancing

while you only use Load balancer system it expects the Dedicated Load balancer. in which there will no port and and other information present.

please try making system with this approch and let me know if you are able to connect.

Regards

Dishant pathak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dishant,

now i tested a lot. Create a new System and so on. This won't work as you descripe. If i choose dedicated Server, there is NO Option/Parameter to enter the LogonGroup. If i choose LoadBalancing I allways get

Here are the possible Connectors Options:

Also if I checked under ALL Parameters, no Group. And so no Loadbalancing

Regards

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We dont need the Logon Group for creating the system of type dedication server... just enter the application host  ,message and etc server details and test the system object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i do that so, then all connections from the Portal going to the PAS (CI) in the ECC System, and will not balanced to the other application server.

All User (espacialy some GUI User) will dispatched to the 00 Instance...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can you let us know

1. where is your portal UME is  it local or your ECC is your UME.

2, if your ECC is your UME then portal cant do anything ECC will take care of Load balancing .

you have to mention your groups in SMLG at ECC and you are done

Please share this details. will help you

thanks and regards

Dishant pathak.