cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BOE BI 4.2 SP4, Data Base CMS Table CMS_InfoObjects7 is TOO BIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having an issue after installing SAP BOE BI 4.2 SP4, the problem is that the InfoObjects7 table is too big (having more than 15 000 000 rows) and 20Gb for the CMS DB.

Anyone have the same problem ?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Support SAP answered by this SAP Note: https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0002500438

but this does not minimise the size of DB CMS.

If I do understand well, we need to wait for the next patch that will fix this issue. for new we should disable APS_search.

Regards

Joe_Peters
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The number of rows in cms_infoobjects7 will be approximately close to the sum total of rows in the CMS. Try the following query in AdminTools:

select count(si_id) from ci_infoobjects,ci_appobjects,ci_systemobjects

If the result of this query is significantly less than the size of cms_infoobjects7, then I think there is some corruption in the repository. A reposcan might fix it.

If the results are close, then you've got a boatload of objects somewhere. Unfortunately the CMS Query syntax does not support GROUP BY, which makes debugging a little harder. I would first try a "select count(si_id)" from ci_infoobjects, ci_appobjects, and ci_systemobjects separately. That should reveal at least which virtual table is the problem. Once you have that, try 'select top 100000 si_id,si_kind from ... order by si_kind". Eyeballing the result should reveal the si_kind of the unwanted objects.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is highly in-usual.
How many objects is in your repository ?
If this is brand new install and no pre-existing content present - try to re-initialize the CMS DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Denis, In adminTools i got 11388 rows (select count(*) from ci_infoobjects) with the same query in SybaseCentral (select count(*) from dba.cms_infoobjects7 I got 23327867 rows. The problem is figured in both new install and update. Regards

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please clarify on what do you mean by problem is seen in new install and update ?
With new install - do you create new CMS DB or connect to existing one ?
If this happens when you're creating new CMS DB - then this is something your DB doing , have you checked with DBA ?
If this is only with existing CMS DB's - maybe you have lots of schedules or a lot of CR repo objects.

You should investigate this with SAP support, under BI-BIP-ADM component.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With new install - I create new CMS DB, the default SQL Anywhere DB on the install so I did not administrate any DB.
I have no Schedule reports.

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Definitely should investigate this via support incident. This shouldn't happen with default, new CMS DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Thank you, I sent a support incident for this issue. I will let you know the answer .

Regards

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CMS_InfoObjects7 will have entries for all the infoobjects (CI_Infoobjects, CI_Appobjects * CI_Systemobjects). As Denis suggested please open an incident and work with SAP support.

Thanks

Mani