Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

standard fiori element field length restriction

echo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, 

The standard app "Manage Engineering Changes" is Fiori Element. Its description field is defined as 40 chars in data element. User can enter beyond 40 chars and error message occurs when you exit the field if it is over 40 chars. I'm wondering if field length can be restricted to 40 chars. 

Metadata shows "Type:Edm.String  MaxLength=40".  

Tried Adopt UI in app, no option to modify this description field. 
Tried Annotation view extension, but can't find any annotation to restrict the UI field length. 
Tried Adaptation project, but can't navigate to the object page from List Report. 
(Tried extension project, but it shows an error "There must be at least one XML view with its matching controller to create an extension project". After some research, I've found that Adaptation Project needs to be used in this case instead of extension project). 

Any help/guide would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

View Entire Topic
sandeep_rs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can only state what you probably have already figured out: There is no out-of-the-box support for this in Fiori elements. I can see an internal requirement that might support this but is not currently a priority item!

Best Regards,

Sandeep

echo
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Does this mean that there is no way to achieve this with any existing extensions? I'm just curious if there is a way to achieve this if I want to make it possible. Is the only way to create a new custom app? 

Thanks.