Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Ordering not working on some folders

GSL_NARAYANA
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing some problem with manual ordering.

1) For manual ordering we are using the path, folder->details->settings->manualordering. Is this the only way we can do it. how about manual ordering option in view menu. The option in the view menu is not working for us

2) Manual ordering on some folder cannot be done.when we say organize folder, we are getting a document view with explorer layout as popup and not the organize entries page. This behavior happens only on few folders...

FYI:

- All KM content is maintained in the same repository

- Experimented this behavior inside room documents

- Checked this link but didn't help for our current problem.

- We are using EP6 SP15

All valuable inputs are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Lakshminarayana

View Entire Topic
detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshminarayana,

you could try to extend your Command Group for folders within the layout set used by the "order_type_settings" command.

Hope it helps

Detlev

GSL_NARAYANA
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Thanks for your reply. I tried to put the order_type_settings under the ResouceUserRelatedActionsGroup, it creates an option for manual ordering on the context menu of the folder, but the result is the same. I could not do manual order on some folders.

let me know if I did the right thing as you suggested.

Regards,

Lakshminarayana

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshminarayana,

my suggestion only was about your first point; I'm unsure if that was what you thought of, but I understood that you wanted "faster" access to activate manual ordering.

Anyhow, why it doesn't work on some folder I do not know and it's hard to track this down remotely, I think. Check log files etc, maybe open an OSS.

Hope it helps

Detlev

GSL_NARAYANA
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Detlev,

Thanks for your suggestion. I solved this issue myself.

The reason why it was working on some folder and not working on some is because....

As I already mentioned that I am using room documents in an explorer view and I have used the explorer view setting "Use Settings for all ivews(preferred presentation)" This option is what exactly causing the problem.

By this my understanding is that, for the organize entry popup page we should not have explorer view as presentation.

I tested by re assigning my presentation profile and it works fine now..

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Lakshminarayana