cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive or lost datasources and crosstabs with Analysis Office, why is this happening?

Dear all,

I'm experiencing some problems with the following versions of Analysis Office: 2.2 and 2.4 - which result in lost of Data Sources and also Crosstabs in workbooks (practically become unaccessible). I'm mentioning that our users are under the version 2.2 but we have also some Key Users including BI IT department under the version 2.4 in order to validate it as the future version that we will like to deploy it this year.

So, getting back to the problem here, we were not able to find any solution or the root cause of this unexpected comportment At the beginning we had only few reports and persons around the world that experienced this situation (I'm mentioning that we have already used the version 1.4 for years without having these issues) and from June last year - when we have start our deployment - from time to time we have received questions about this strange comportment.

Till now we have analysed all the possible reasons like: network loses; security infrastructure; interactions with MS Office and other Add-Ins from non SAP providers; technical settings on SAP BW, user habits and others - nothing seems to explain this problem. The Logs are activated for the users that experienced it once but unfortunately there is nothing inside that speak about the problem.

I can see that the issue was already discussed here: https://archive.sap.com/discussions/thread/3545546

Right now it is getting more and more frequently and we have already spent huge amount of time explaining it, without any positive result.

I'm addressing to all of you , trying to see if somebody have found a solution or at least the root-cause.

I will be very happy to exchange about this issue and provide more information if needed.

Regards,

Alexandru

View Entire Topic
alfonso_gonzalez2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Alexandru/Stephen,

did any of you found a root casue or solution?

Our business users have started using AO 2.5 SP3 this year and we are receiving incidents about workbooks loosing all or some datasources. Our main users start to critize the tool.

How did you approach the issue with your bussiness users?

Thanks a lot for your feed back,

Alfonso

0 Kudos

Hello Alfonso,

Sorry for my late replay, but I haven't received any alerts about your post!

Concerning the issues I have encountered, please take a look into my last comment on the "IBM BI Team" message (posted above).

I'm not sure this will help you very much, but in my case this was the solution.

Please let me know if my indications are applicable on your situation.

Warm Regards,

Alex