Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to continue executing batch job even after error

RaviSee
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement where i have to continue batch job even after error and the job should not cancel and the message should appear as error not like information or warning in the job log.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
See explanation and solution in the official ABAP documentation of MESSAGE (behavior in a background job): https://help.sap.com/doc/abapdocu_latest_index_htm/latest/en-US/index.htm?file=abenabap_message_batc...
RaviSee
Explorer
0 Kudos
It seems there is no other way to handle error msg without stopping the job?
Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Please read again the documentation. Isn't it clear how to solve?

Messages of type E and A are written to the log. A check is then performed to see whether the message is handled using error_message. If this is not the case, the message is also written to the log with message number 564 of the message class 00 and current background processing is terminated, whereby a message of type A executes a database rollback and a message of type E does not. Background processing is resumed when the message is handled.

It means that the "current background processing is terminated" only if you don't handle using error_message, which means "it is not terminated" if you handle using error_message. "error_message" is a hyperlink to another document.

RaviSee
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello @Sandra_Rossi, Sorry for the late answers, i am new to this topic. Yes i have seen errors in V_SA (Collective log) but it is creating deliveries.
View Entire Topic
raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

In the BAdI implementation did you

• (wrong) use a MESSAGE statement to raise an error
  • (good) fill the CT_FINCHDEL with document number and message variable
RaviSee
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks.. will check
RaviSee
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have executed the program RVV50R10C in foreground and it is populating the error in ct_finchdel but still it is creating delivery and in background it is not creating any delivery and not throwing any error

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Is an application log available in SLG1 or in transaction V_SA?
  • Are pop-up windows displayed during interactive execution?
  • Did you already look for OSS notes?
  • Are other Customer Exit/BAdI/User Exit active that would check sy-batch or require a GUI connexion?
RaviSee
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi @raymond_giuseppi, I am checking your mentioned points and get back with the answers.
RaviSee
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello @raymond_giuseppi, I have created a job via sm36 for the error scenario at delivery but still it is creating deliveries even though i populated errors at CT_FINCHDEL and it is showing in V_SA. Is there any way not to create deliveries when error occured without terminating the job.
Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
It will be difficult to help you if you do not answer the questions...
Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean, you don't help us a lot if you don't answer ALL the questions asked by Raymond:

@raymond_giuseppi wrote:

Is an application log available in SLG1 or in transaction V_SA?
Are pop-up windows displayed during interactive execution?
Did you already look for OSS notes?
Are other Customer Exit/BAdI/User Exit active that would check sy-batch or require a GUI connexion?

RaviSee
Explorer

Hello, thanks everyone for guiding me.. I have found the solution by using a below code at USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE to skip the error deliveries without stopping the background job.

if delivery contains an errors and sy-batch = 'X'.  "ct_finchdel (IF_EX_LE_SHP_DELIVERY_PROC~DELIVERY_FINAL_CHECK)

DELETE ct_vbuk WHERE vbeln <lfs_likp>-vbeln.  "$       1 entry
            DELETE ct_vbup WHERE vbeln <lfs_likp>-vbeln. "$       1 entry
*           clearing Update indicator so that delivery cannot be created and deleting the temp delivery no. so that delivery no. should not be assigned
            CLEAR<lfs_likp>-updkz<lfs_likp>-vbeln.
*           Deleting the entries from VBPA
            CLEARct_vbpact_vbuv.

* Set the UPDKZ as D for the entries with VBELN as "$    1" in the ct_lips and ct_vbfa

endif.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

@RaviSeeThanks for the feedback. You'd better post a separate answer, it will be difficult to find it at the end of this unrelated answer. NB: what is this comment in your code: "ct_finchdel (IF_EX_LE_SHP_DELIVERY_PROC~DELIVERY_FINAL_CHECK)"?