cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error while trying to browse files of GCS connection on DI 3.0 trial version

I am getting following error "failed to get container children for /." while trying to browse GCS connection and select a file in "Read File" operator of pipeline in my DI 3.0 Trial instance.

While trying to see data of same connection in Metadata Explorer, it also fails with some error saying "Error displaying connect: CLOUD STORAGE, Path: /."

PFA screenshot of both errors.

Please help if you know how to get around this problem.

0 Kudos

Hello roland.kramer ,

I have created the instance just 3 days ago so I think it will be updated.

Regards,

Tanuj Joshi

View Entire Topic
former_member255270
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, there is a known bug in SAP Data Intelligence that uses a deprecated API when communicating with Google Cloud Storage (GCS).

As a workaround you can use the DI_DATA_LAKE connection instead of CLOUD_STORAGE connection when choosing it in the Read and Write file operator.

0 Kudos

Hello dimitri ,

Getting this error when trying to do same with DI_DATA_LAKE.

screenshot-2020-09-11-at-81715-am.png

giulia_roversi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri and Tanuj, same issue.
Did you solve the problem?

former_member255270
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Giulia, this issue was patched in the latest version of DI 3.0 Trial Edition. I recommend re-create your CAL instance.

giulia_roversi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,
I've follwed your suggestion and re-create my CAL instance. Unfortunatly nothing's changed. I'm using DI 3.0 Trial Edition with GCS and following the official Tutorial: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/dataintelligence-trial-v2-setup.html.

1. the error html page:
  2. and the below message:
  3. metadata explorer error:

After simple and basic browsing operations, I tested some pipelines, for example using the Spark Data Transform operator.

• Same path on GCS (directly tiped) in the data source node, as a result I can fetch metadata and the data preview of any file.
  • Same previous errors when I try with the data target node.

What I'm missing?

Thanks,
-Giulia

former_member255270
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Giulia, I cannot see your screenshots. Can you please upload them again?

giulia_roversi
Explorer