cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing text elements from a Web Dynpro when staring with an particular user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When starting a web dynpro (ABAP) with a specific user  the text elements under certain buttons are missing. (screen1)

The rest of the screen is generated correctly.

screen1

Starting the same web dynpro (ABAP) with another user the text element are visible.

screen2

I have tried to change the language for the effected user but no help.

Even deleted the user from the ADRP and USR21 table and recreated it. Did the same through SU01.No Effect.

Restarted the ICM, Cleard its cache. No effect.

Is there another table where certain user data is stored which can be deleted/changed so the text elements would be visible again.

Any ideas how to tackle this?

Thank You!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear John,

You can check the personalization for that particular user.

• Move the mouse cursor to the postion where UI element supposed to be
  • Right click with the mouse. In case there hidden UI elements, the option: 'Invisible elements' will be active in the context menu
  • Select the link to restore the element

You can also check SAP Note 1922073.

Best regards,

Gabor

harsha_jalakam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi.

Please check the default language set for that user in SU01 and in Portal. Suspect that the text labels for the set language for that particular user is unavailable.

Regards,

Harsha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The language settings are correct.

I also made a copy of user. When i start the webdynpro with the new userid and the same settings. The text elements show up correctly.

When I launch the webdynpro from se80. same result. no text elements.

A also suspect that the problem si within the language settings. In which tables are these settings stored? Also is it possible to reset SSO cache for the specific user.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally this kind of issues was due to language Selection when logging on to the SSO or from Portal

Please try to Generate the link from SE80 for that user and check..

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thank you for the replay.

It did happen when calling the dynpro from portal.

Im new to se80. Could you guide me in how to generate a link for the specific user.

Thanks.