cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to generate alert for BTP Audit Log using Alert Notification Service?

huijiezhang
Advisor
Advisor

Is it possible to generate an email alert when any user is changed in BTP?

Say, for example, when a user is granted a Role Collection, an Audit Log entry is created in BTP.

How to configure Alert Notification Service to trigger an email for this user change?

I tried to configure a Condition and Action, but it doesn't seem to work. When I change user, a new Audit Log entry is created but email was never triggered.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

BiserSimeonov
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Huijie,

I think Boris already had pointed you to the User Lifecycle Events and most probably that's something you will be interested in. Furthermore, in case you have cloud application you also could consider firing custom events from this application to the Alert Notification service which will be managed as alerts based on the conditions / actions created by you within the Alert Notification service.

I hope the info provided will help you. Please let us hear back from your side in case of any further queries.

Kind regards,

Biser

BorisZarske
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Dear Huijie,

Please take a look at User Lifecycle Events | SAP Help Portal of SAP Alert Notification service - there, events are triggered when Space Developer/Manager/Auditor roles are assigned to an already existing user (or when a user is added to a space with those roles).

If you should need further support, please do not hesitate to come back!

Best regards,
Boris

huijiezhang
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Thank you folks for spending time to provide answer.

The internal event works. I can receive an email when a user is assigned as Space Admin or Space Auditor.

However, the event that I am more interested in is when a user is assigned a Role Collection.

This is not a built-in event. When this operation is done, I can see a new Audit Log entry created but I have no way to trigger an email alert to admin.

This is important because a production BTP subaccount admin can add an unwanted application user and grant him the business role, bypassing the Active Directory operation.

Thank you

GowthamRaja
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi,
GowthamRaja
Participant
0 Kudos
I have the same scenario. Is it achieved? If yes how
andrewfloriano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Huijie,

Please, check the SAP Alert Notification for SAP BTP documentation to know how the tenant data is managed on SAP Alert Notification service side and what legal regulations are implied.

Kind Regards,

Andrew.