cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Crystal Reports 2020 Key - My Network Blocking Authentication

kevin-day48
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, will start off on what I am looking for.  Then add some color.

I need a list of all of the domains to whitelist that get used in the logging into the SAP page as well as when I try to install SAP Crystal Reports 2020 and try to get past the License key part.   My network is really locked down and somehow blocking some domain or subdomain that Crystal Reports is using to authenticate my License.   We have a locked down network and use something called Zscaler and probably some other stuff keeping us safe.  So I need to see if someone can provide me with domains to whitelist so I don't get the "Product Key is Invalid" message.

Color: I do have a valid product key.  SAP sales confirmed it and I installed the program on my personal laptop, no problem.  But on my work computer, I can not get past the Invalid key message.  Something on my side is blocking that traffic where they authenticate it.  We just can't figure it out.  Had someone tracing what is getting blocked today under my account and as I try to log into Sap.com and also try to validate my license, sites that are getting blocked are as follows so far (why are they using these...?)

socialize.gigya.com

crs.cr.adobe.com/pvb-preferences/win/intel

212-tcu-034.mktoresp.com

Now I can finally log into SAP.com (it just spun before) but I still can't authenticate my license key.   Most importantly, I really need to use Crystal Reports ASAP and if someone know what the pressing of the button after it asks for license key on the install is doing, please let me know.  What is the API or site that is responding back with Invalid key.  I suspect it is blocked on my side so it is not getting a response so it just by default says   "Invalid Key" and I need to tell then what else to whitelist.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kevin-day48, for the CR designer I am not sure if it will authenticate the codes to a server...I just ran a test in a VMWare image with no connectivity, used a trial keycode and there were no issues. As a test for you: go to the trial downloads here  to get a trial key, disconnect your laptop, first try your keycode again and then try the new trial keycode. 

kevin-day48
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Thanks JWiseman, I tried this method on my personal laptop and it did authenticate. So now I need to figure out what might be getting blocked on my work computer. Any suggestions on where that program might live that gets the key passed to it? Trying to think what on my laptop might be blocking that one...
JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did find a workaround here at the end of this kbase...it involves bypassing the validation during install. You will be prompted for the keycode after install. Hopefully this will work for you...i.e. if the error is related to the validation during install only.  https://me.sap.com/notes/1686448/E

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DonWilliams
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

A few more things to try.

CR requires admin rights, right click on the setup.exe and select Run as Administrator, that gives the installer full permissions to add CR's registry keys and register the COM dll's.

If you don't have that option ask one of your IT guys to do this for you.

Next thing to try is use Fiddler or Process Monitor or possibly viewing the install log may help to show you the sites CR is attempting to access to start.

Install logs are here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs and then a date folder and then the setupengine.log file.

Looking at mine all it's trying to access is http://www.sap.com

Add that to your trusted list for AV/Forewall software.

I suspect it's not a www site being blocked but more likely it's your AV or Firewall software blocking access to CR's required resources.

Don

kevin-day48
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Just following up on this one.   I ended up finding solutions for replacing the "isKeyCodeValid.exe" with a different version and that actually worked.   Sort of a ridiculous solution, but it got me past the error.  So thanks to the other poster for letting me know there is no API being called as I was certain my IT team was blocking it.   We were blocking something internally that got whitelisted that allowed me to log into SAP to even post this.   If anyone runs into that, check the 3 sites above.

However, now I am back to square 1 and my Crystal Reports simply won't launch.  Same thing it was doing which prompted me to uninstall, reinstall and get these errors about key codes.   Event viewer is giving me some standard fault.  I've seen this error online and none of the solutions is working.  This is pretty frustrating.

I think I may re-install in the c:\Program Files directory instead of the default (x86) one.   Desperately thinking maybe there is something with a 64 bit executable in the 32 bit program files folder.

Faulting application name: crw64.exe, version: 14.3.4.4773, time stamp: 0x655e7df5
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.3996, time stamp: 0x39215800
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000634f6
Faulting process id: 0x5040
Faulting application start time: 0x01da6c38fb9baf3e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\crw64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: c8292134-9d63-4c4a-8c96-fe2ba991a15f
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: