Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display error message in SAP BRF+ workbench

jahnavi_venati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone help me out ,whether is there any  possibility to display error in  BRF+ Workbench .Are there any standard classes which can be used to display error through API's .

Thank you in advance,

Jahnavi Teja Venati.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please take a look at the document that describes how to enhance the workbench with additional checks or activation vetos that allow you to propagate error messages

BR

Christian

jahnavi_venati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten ,

Thank you for the quick response .

Here my requirement is  to validate a particular field which  has f4 help in a decision table . I need to allow the user to select the value only from f4  help.If user inputs a value which is not in the search help ,I need to raise an  error message .For this I am implementing in the code in get_element_values method in application exit class.This method does not have parameter for exporting error messages. I am unable to raise an error messages , to be displayed at workbench level.

Could you please advice how to raise error message in BRF+ workbench.

Thank you ,

Jahnavi Teja Venati.

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of alI, I am not Carsten 🙂

You should ask yourself the question how the process flow is: Just entering a value does not necessarily mean that it is wrong. The usual process flow is:

• User enters the values
  • Systems checks at a specific event if the data entry is valid

This flow is possible in the BRFplus workbench

Starting Point: If you have your GET_ELEMENT_VALUES in place the user can choose from there or he can manually enter a value.

The Check of the user input: You can and should check the validity of the entries when the BRFplus workbench triggers the CHECK activity (explicitly or implicitly when activating the BRFplus object). How this is done is described in the document I referenced above 

What is not possible in the BRFplus workbench is a "type-ahead" highlighting of wrong values i. e. it is not possible to check if an entry is valid during or directly after entering the value 

BR

Christian

jahnavi_venati
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian ,

Sorry for the wrong spell

Thank you for your valuable input.

Thank you ,

Jahnavi Teja Venati.