Did you mean: 

Hiding Charts with Formula Webi 4.0

0 Kudos

Hi All,

My issue is following:

I have one report table with 2 rows in it with text data:

Sales Graph

Volume Graph

Now I would like to link the text rows to two graph elements so that when you click the "Sales Graph" text row then the graph element "Volume Graph" would hide and the "Sales Graph" element would show. I was trying to use the Element Linking and Hide Element Formula field for hiding the element but I cannot figure out how I could link the table and graphs together so that the Hide formula could catch it.

All ideas would be welcome on how to utilize the element hiding dynamicly.

Thanks, Timo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets hide the Charts based on a Prompt created in the Universe.

In IDT create a dimension object with the below definition. When you parse the below object it will error out bu that is fine.

-> Export the universe.

-> Go into the query area of the report and add this new dimension object to the result object pane.

-> Run the report you will get a prompt 'Select Chart Type'. Choose any selection initially.

-> Once on the report apply a filter on both the charts using this objects and set the appropriate value.

so for Sales Graph Chart set the filter to Sales Graph and vice versa.

-> Right click on each chart and select format chart

-> Select Global

-> Check the option "Hide when empty"

-> Now depending on what you selected in your prompt earlier one of the chart will be shown other will be hidden.

@PROMPT('Select Chart Type','A',{'Sales Graph','Volume Graph'},mono,constrained,,)

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

Thanks for answer.

I actually found this blog which did the trick:

http://blog.davidg.com.au/2011/09/dynamic-measures-in-webi-on-any-data.html

Answers (0)