cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error starting Crystal Reports 2013 - After install

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Support,

today i tried to install CR 2013 on Server 2008 R2 x64 (SBS2011), the installation works fine, but starting CR is not possible.

i get the following failure:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crw32.exe Diese Anwendung konnte nicht gestartet werden, da die Side-by-Side-Konfiguration ungültig ist. Weitere Informationen finden Sie im Anwendungsereignisprotokoll. Weitere Details können auch mit dem Befehlszeilentool sxstrace.exe angezeigt werden

The eventlog gives following failure:

Fehler beim Generieren des Aktivierungskontextes für "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86\crw32.exe". Die abhängige Assemblierung "Microsoft.VC80.CRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.6195"" konnte nicht gefunden werden. Verwenden Sie für eine detaillierte Diagnose das Programm "sxstrace.exe".

EventID: 33

I already tried to uninstall  C++ 2010 runtime x86 and x64 and installed C++2005 runtime x86 - but it didnt work!

Can someone give the solution?

Thanks,

Nils

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

I don't understand German however, the error does say something about 'Side-by-side configuration'.

Do you have CR 2011 on the same machine?

If yes, then you'll need to uninstall this version before you could install CR 2013.

-Abhilash

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here's an SAP Note I found with the resolution. Please see if this helps:

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

no other CR on this machine. It's the first time any CR is on this machine.

Greetings,

Nils

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have the possibility to get this content, i'm asked for username/password.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. This is what is says:

Cause

This error occurs when Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package is installed but the security update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package is not applied.

Resolution

1. Download Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package security update from Microsoft Download Center
  2. Install the downloaded security update vcredist_x86.exe
  3. Restart the machine

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done - but didn't work!

0 Kudos

Hi Nils,

You said you had 2010 runtime installed, that means you are using a third party application maybe? But then you said you had no other CR products installed.

Do you have a Anti-virus software installed? Likely it is blocking access to folders and registry CR needs. Try adding crw32.exe to it's trusted list.

A technical way is to download DebugDiag from Microsoft and run it and capture a crash. When you analyze it it should tell you what the problem is.

Don