cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customisation of Cloud Foundry Routing

Hello,

I have one question regarding multiple applications in a cf space.

Is it possible to use the private network in the cf to handle communication between application in the same cf space directly? For example by the creation of a private routes and domains?

I found follow link to the official cf documentation but I were not able to bring it to work.

https://docs.cloudfoundry.org/devguide/deploy-apps/routes-domains.html#list-routes

Best regards,

Robin

drvup
Contributor
0 Kudos

That's a really good question! I checked some months ago the same thing and wasn't able to realize it either. Let's see if someone from SAP is able to provide us more details.

Just FYI: Of course SAP is deactivating some features of CF under the hood of BTP 🙂

plowin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Robin and Cedric,

could you please share more information about your exact use-cases for using private communication?

Thanks a lot in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

plowin
Explorer

Hi Robin,

you are asking for direct communication between CF apps which is called "Container-to-Container Networking". For several reasons including issues with load balancing, sizing constraints and missing debugging capabilities, the feature is disabled on SAP BTP CF environments. Find the respective documentation in our Platform Concepts.

We recommend communication between microservices via internet or message queues (e.g. Redis).

Best regards,
Patrick
BTP CF Routing Development