cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can promotion managment be used from folder to folder within a single Server?

kenneth_crawford
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,
I work with the State of Nevada, Department of Health and Human Services, Division of Welfare and Social Services. We are currently using SAP BI/BO 4.2 SP8 P7. We have 2 environments, Production and Non-Production. Our Non-Production environment is where we keep our DEV, Test, and Training regions. These regions are in different folders within the SAP folder structure. As we start building more advanced reports we have found that when a report is copied from one folder to another (from DEV to TEST) the internal links in reports still point to original version in the DEV folder rather than the copy being used in the Test folder.

As far as I can tell the promotion mgt tool will only work from server to server and not folder to folder, and we do not want to add additional servers at this time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

This is one problem I had to deal with as well. In my knowledge, you just have to copy the folder (as you're doing now), and then manually to change the Opendoc hyperlinks in the reports, to point to the copy of the reports in new folder.

Thanks,
Mahboob Mohammed

kenneth_crawford
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. Do you know if there is a way to do a "Find and Replace" function? Having to re-point all the links defeats the purpose of testing. . . . yuk